Co-op

Got any cool ideas for Darkwood? Share them here!
Vanishing

Re: Co-op

Post by Vanishing » Thu May 30, 2013 4:04 pm

Gustaw wrote:@stealerofchildren
If we don't reach our stretch goal for co-op, we won't be able to add it. It's a extremely complicated thing to implement in a open world game like this and would have to be worked on from the beginning. So if we don't reach it (but anything is still possible!) then maybe in Darkwood 2 ;)
Right now we don't plan public alpha builds.
Release Darkwood 2 before Darkwood 1!!11!!!!
XD..Just kidding..

traywick

Post by traywick » Thu May 30, 2013 5:29 pm

If co-op does get funded, it might take away from the horror aspect of the game, but perhaps the players could spawn away from each other and have find a way to meet up. This would give some of the horror aspect back for a period of time, since you're alone for a bit. Or, only allow one working flashlight upon spawn for both players (I don't know if flashlights will be spawned w/the players in single-player mode) and the players must work together around one flashlight until another can be found. Is Darkwood going to have a day-night cycle, or will it be perpetually dark?

Nhoise

Post by Nhoise » Fri May 31, 2013 12:00 am

-
Last edited by Nhoise on Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

droog
VIP

Post by droog » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:17 am

In my opinion a co op mode in darkwood would be great, but only when a few points will be considered.
I can imagine how hard it is to implement a multiplayer mode, because it must match the perfect difficulty level.

I experince very often, that you can rush through the game without problems, when you play a co op game with a friend.

This is really annoying and after a few stages I usually loose the interest. Also I think in a game like darkwood
should be a distinction between the single-player storyline and the coop one to keep the essence of the game.

Imo it's hard for a horror game to frighten TWO players at a time, but not impossible.
I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.
-H.P. Lovecraft