Broken Glass

Got any cool ideas for Darkwood? Share them here!
Bandersaur

Broken Glass

Post by Bandersaur » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:28 am

We have houses with windows, breakable bulbs in lights, and hopefully mirrors, but where does all this broken glass go?

Why not harness it as a crafting ingredient/item? Like nails, it could be used in the creation of shrapnel bombs, it could be scattered as floor hazard for monsters with feet (and the player if they're careless.) Breaking a window could have a chance to drop a long shard of glass, usable as a single use knife. (The blade would snap off into the creature causing damage over time, while causing minor damage to the protagonist.)

Thoughts/Ideas?

He With Many Eyes

Re: Broken Glass

Post by He With Many Eyes » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:39 am

I kind of like the idea. However if the player is wearing boots then the broken glass shouldn't cause you any harm. Just saying.
"I have many eyes. With my many eyes I watch you from the dark. No need to cry. You aren't that bad looking... for a dead guy."

Gyrosser

Re: Broken Glass

Post by Gyrosser » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:55 pm

good noise mechanic even if it does no damage to the player, and like he said could be used against certain creatures with feet. the shrapnel idea is good too.

How bout a sack filled with glass shards as a weapon? or low-grade inaccurate salvage shotty rounds using glass shards? or a glass shard punji-pit?

All this being said, i thought glass was already an established crafting item.