Underground

Got any cool ideas for Darkwood? Share them here!
Raven

Underground

Post by Raven » Fri May 10, 2013 11:12 am

I do not know if you thought about it. It's about the underground in the game. Different types of caves, mines, cellars and bunkers before the war. This could be very scary.

Of course, this type of elements in the game would become rare finds. In return, the interiors could be put special events and rare items.

UndeadGuru
VIP

Re: Underground

Post by UndeadGuru » Fri May 10, 2013 11:13 am

Raven wrote:I do not know if you thought about it. It's about the underground in the game. Different types of caves, mines, cellars and bunkers before the war. This could be very scary.

Of course, this type of elements in the game would become rare finds. In return, the interiors could be put special events and rare items.
Wow great suggestion!
No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness.

Sunday

Post by Sunday » Wed May 15, 2013 2:34 pm

Raven wrote:I do not know if you thought about it. It's about the underground in the game. Different types of caves, mines, cellars and bunkers before the war. This could be very scary.

Sewer systems and subway systems make for very claustrophobic and creepy places to explore.
I explored the old Botanic Gardens underground rail a year or so ago, and let me tell you, it was pitch black, worse still when we started heading back, we couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel because it was past 11pm... the tunnel itself felt endless.

Cellars and basements seem like a cool idea to implement into the game. Afterall... many of the creatures don't come out until after dark, so where do they hide during the day?

Wolfie

Post by Wolfie » Thu May 16, 2013 5:46 am

I think if bunkers were implemented they could be a very creepy/eerie gameplay element, only to be braved by those with the strongest of wills. I can see how you could make echoes, shadows and dim lighting to enhance this? Maybe even a few groups of rats to freak the player out. I personally love the idea of the Underground/Confined horror segments in video games.

Wolfie