cheap way to never have to board windows or anything

Got any cool ideas for Darkwood? Share them here!

cheap way to never have to board windows or anything

Postby cjbrier08 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:56 pm

This kinda ruins the fun of the game and perhaps something can be done to make this difficult....I have found that if you stick yourself in any 90 degree corner while continuously pulling the large storage unit towards the corner, you create a tiny triangular space no monster can get you from. I don't think they are even able to move the unit because you are continuously pulling it towards yourself.
cjbrier08

Re: cheap way to never have to board windows or anything

Postby Carl the BedWetter » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:20 am

cjbrier08 wrote:This kinda ruins the fun of the game and perhaps something can be done to make this difficult....I have found that if you stick yourself in any 90 degree corner while continuously pulling the large storage unit towards the corner, you create a tiny triangular space no monster can get you from. I don't think they are even able to move the unit because you are continuously pulling it towards yourself.

This has been known for awhile. If you found that out yourself thumbs up to you :). I would have never been able to figure it out on my own.

But this really isn't a suggestion though imo.
Carl the BedWetter

Postby cjbrier08 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:40 am

Actually a monster pushed it into me and jammed me into the corner and i just went with it haha. The suggestion is that maybe have monsters be able to pull objects and not just push them. this advantage is too cheap and way easy to implement. That is one way, as i said, of making it difficult.
cjbrier08

Postby cjbrier08 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:51 am

OR you can just make the main character unable to pull objects. enabling him to only push objects. this would keep you from being able to back up with the object and your back facing the corner. you can push just as easily and there is probably a lot less codding involved.
cjbrier08

Postby cjbrier08 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:55 am

a problem is that objects would get stuck in corners.....
cjbrier08

Postby Sercullhor » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:24 am

There's a poisonous infestation that spreads throughout your house at nighttime, if you are found in a position like you described the infestation will start spreading during nighttime somewhere near where you are hiding, resulting in death.

Besides if you constantly drag the furniture it makes noise that aggros the meatier monsters in the later nights of the game, who can push objects with more force than you can and thus will move the warddrobe and attack you.
Sercullhor

Postby cjbrier08 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:09 pm

While it is true it is not impervious it is unlikely, in my experiences, that the infestation blob monster ever has enough time to spread to you. At least the chance is not that great. You also don't drag the furniture and remain stationary holding it towards you. I havnt tested it past night 10 but up until then I seemed pretty untouchable. I do, see your point though.
cjbrier08

Postby Silent Night » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:48 pm

The Shadows debuff perk makes this tactic useless as it darkens your spot and allows shadows to attack
Silent Night

Postby Shrooms » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:54 am

It is determined before the night begins whether Shadows will attack or not
You can tell because they will attack even when you're in light, and aren't automatically summoned when you stand in the dark
Shrooms

Postby Silent Night » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:51 pm

I know, but if the shadows do attack then you just cant do this tactic without a flare, ive tried
Silent Night

Return to Suggestions