why kill npcs???

Got any cool ideas for Darkwood? Share them here!

why kill npcs???

Postby cjbrier08 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:40 am

It seems like there is no good advantage to killing any of the story characters. you may get a nice gun but, at the sacrifice of story.....you'll find something else....
with that being said, i think that if you kill an npc that is essential for a specific development of plot there ought to be another equal and opposite plot that occurs as a result of your actions
cjbrier08

Re: why kill npcs???

Postby Waismuth » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:19 pm

That's quite a good idea! It might get developed into deeper plot devices. Some of it can be already observed with the Piotrek's rocket, when you can present the parts to Wolf-man. I guess it would be pretty cool to have alternative ways of carrying out quests, which in turn would earn favour of opposite npcs,
Waismuth

Postby spacecat » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:47 am

I agree, it makes no sense to complete Piotrek's quest since the reward isn't that good at all. I'd rather keep him around for the repair kits. Killing off the chicken lady only gives me this blanket thing, wolf only has an ak-47 with noone to buy new mags from =/
spacecat

Postby cjbrier08 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:48 pm

yeah and you can find all that stuff without killing them. you can't get the ak but you can find the bolt action rifle.
cjbrier08

Postby xector64 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:47 pm

cjbrier08 wrote:yeah and you can find all that stuff without killing them. you can't get the ak but you can find the bolt action rifle.

if only there was an easier way to get into the crates at Wolfman Camp, such as a clue somewhere.
xector64

Postby cjbrier08 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:06 am

I don't think the content of his crates has been implemented yet. if they have and there is no clue-but you can open it guessing through the permutations- i guess i havnt discovered everything in the game...
cjbrier08

Postby Rednecklawrence » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:14 pm

cjbrier08 wrote:I don't think the content of his crates has been implemented yet. if they have and there is no clue-but you can open it guessing through the permutations- i guess i havnt discovered everything in the game...

I think theyre filled with every frickin gun in the game
"It ain't illegal until you get caught" - Rene Soetaert
Rednecklawrence

Return to Suggestions