Controller Support (couch mode!)

Got any cool ideas for Darkwood? Share them here!

Controller Support (couch mode!)

Postby bloowhalez » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:18 am

I'd love to be able to sit in bed and play this before I go to sleep. It's perfect for that. I'd happily buy this right now if you had that.

This game is cool. It's fun, it's interesting. You don't know what you're getting into, exploring the dark woods and meeting strange characters. It's up there with Sunless Sea for me.

but please, please add Controller Support. This game is perfect for it, the way you run around and point your light. and once you add it it's not like you need to update -too- much. Maybe you could do it in a few days or a week? I don't know.

but please, please add this. I'll buy it right away then. So few early access games have this. I also wish Starbound had this...
bloowhalez

Re: Controller Support (couch mode!)

Postby TheBigcheese42 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:34 am

As far as I know, controller support for Darkwood is up in the air. I believe they will add it, as AWS are heavily influenced by us.

If we whinge for it enough, it will come :P

I think I'd enjoy Darkwood alot more with the smooth movement a controller would offer, count me in!
The artist currently known as Crumpdaddy
TheBigcheese42
Supporter

Postby spacecat » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:45 am

I've love to have this feature too!
spacecat

Postby five » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:23 am

I used Joystick Mapper for Mac, and I can confirm that Darkwood is awesome with a controller. I have the left stick for wasd and right stick for mouse. The only thing that's missing is a way to cycle through the hotbar/F-key skills. So far I have the first 3 hotbar items as up/left/down d-pad buttons (using right for inventory). I guess being limited to 3 helps increase the difficulty after the recent update. Still there's definitely something about the inefficiency of controllers that adds tension to survival horror.
five

Postby HotshotDemon » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:08 pm

I have my xbox360 controller connected to my pc. I think it would work great with darkwood. To solve the hotbar issue. Maybe the left shoulder button combined with one of the D pad keys does the first 4 and the right shoulder button does the other 4. Loveing this idea!
HotshotDemon

Postby bloowhalez » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:08 am

I would happily pay $20 for this game if it just added controller support. Seriously, it would be so much fun to sit in bed and play this before I go to sleep. If i CAN go to sleep.

Please give this a shot devs. It might help sell more copies. Soon that Steambox will be out, and a well priced game that is good will sell a lot more if you can use the xbox controller.

PLeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. I'm still waiting for this before I buy it. Just let me know if you guys are considering it. It's not like you need to add a whole new expansion or anything, just controller support.

Please. Pretty please.
bloowhalez

Postby Yanime » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:25 am

I'm all for controller support too!
Yanime

Postby Milkweg » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:48 am

I registered for this forum just to add my voice to the "please add controller support" chorus.

:o
Milkweg

Postby ShadyS » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:46 am

So I am waiting for that feature too!
ShadyS

Postby karzbobeans » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:19 am

Just made an account to add another vote to controller support. I play a lot of games on the couch now with steam big picture. This game would be great for that.
karzbobeans

Next

Return to Suggestions