Game Difficulty

Got any cool ideas for Darkwood? Share them here!

Game Difficulty

Postby miumachi » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:48 pm

Just received the game as a gift, didn't know anything about it beforehard. So far I love the environment and the style of the game, but to someone who doesn't often play this style of game, it's quite difficult and unforgiving. Will there be different difficulties once the game goes into BETA? That's my only suggestion thusfar, as I've spent the majority of my game exploring the map, trying to make it home by sundown, accidentally stepping on poisonous mushrooms and dying, just to find myself back in the forest again without a clue of how to get home!
miumachi

Re: Game Difficulty

Postby Gustaw » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:04 pm

The current version does not explain a lot of things, hence it can be very difficult at the beginning. Darkwood will always avoid hand holding, but I think we should give more hints to the more important mechanics. We currently are not considering more difficulty modes though.

But we will be working more on that after we have completed all of the major changes, which will take a while. If you're getting discouraged by not knowing what to do, better wait until the final release. If not, embrace the unknown!
Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Return to Suggestions