New Weapon Ideas

Got any cool ideas for Darkwood? Share them here!

New Weapon Ideas

Postby spedos22 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:39 am

These are suggestions for new weapons in the game!

Revolver: Uses magnum rounds, holds 5 shots. Much stronger then the Pistol, but is much less durable, and suffers from a low magazine capacity and less accuracy. Takes the form of a Ruger LCR

Crowbar: Very rare, very durable, very reliable. The crowbar is a great melee weapon, having good damage, good durability, and good reach, The Crowbar is an overall amazing weapon. The only downside? you may find only one or 2 in the game! Takes the form of a crowbar with the actual shaft painted red.

Nail gun: Pretty Common, Good fire rate, but is very weak. It uses a somewhat common resource as its ammunition: Nails. It holds a maximum of 50 of them in the mag before needing to reload! It is also a very durable weapon, making a decent beginning-mid game weapon. However, its inaccuracy, range, and low damage meaning you should save the nail gun for weak enemies like Savages. It looks like your standard nail gun with a yellow finish.

Carbine: A small, 10 shot rifle. It uses Medium Caliber Magazines, 2 types, in fact! 10 round, and 30 round! meaning it is very versatile with ammunition! The downsides? it is somewhat weak for a rifle, being, actually, a little weaker then the revolver, meaning it is somewhat of a weak firearm. The good part is that it is semi automatic, and very accurate. It looks like a Ruger AC556

Shiv: A small, makeshift knife. Made out of a rag and a shard of glass, it is a much less expensive and faster, while weaker, alternative to the plank with nails. The big downside is its almost gut wrenching durability, meaning the possibility of making multiple of them. Looks like a large nasty shard of glass with a washcloth as a makeshift handle.

Baton: A rare, very durable, and damaging police mans baton, It is a great weapon if you can get your hands on it! The big downside? somewhat slow, and has a short range (on account of you holding it by the grip on the side). A very good upside? It has a good knock back, leading to you beating the shit of your enemies and sending them to a ass beating oblivion! It takes the form of a black, synthetic, Nightstick.

Nail Bomb: A small pipe filled with several explosives and nails, it is a very deadly explosive! It has a upside and a downside, however: It has a short fuse. This can lead to you fucking yourself over by holding the nail bomb too long. Another down and up side is the large radius the nails launch out. Leading to several dead mutants and, if you are not careful, chunks of you. It looks like a small makeshift explosive with many nails sticking out.

Pitchfork: A very slow, very long, and very strong melee weapon. The downsides are the low durability, considering it is a rusty pitchfork, and the slow charge up time. What it fucks with the player with, it makes up with range and damage, killing enemies very quickly. It looks like a long, 5 pronged pitchfork with a handle on the back.

Switchblade: Very shitty, very weak, and very short range, the only good part of this weapon is its speed. The charge up is phenomenally fast, leading to very speedy attacks. Though you only can do a few of these before the cheap dime store piece of shit breaks! The shiv actually does more damage then it, that tells ya somethin'! It has the appearance of a stiletto.

Anti Tank Rifle: A single shot, very large Sniper Rifle, it uses Large Caliber Rounds as its ammo. It is a very, very strong firearm, taking most enemies out in one hit. It doesn't have the best durability, however, and the ammo is extremely rare. Save this for the tougher enemies. Another downside is that is slows you down considerably, so make sure you have a good distance between you and the enemy. It looks like a rusty, yet surprisingly working, Panzerbüchse 39 German Anti Tank Rifle.

Flare gun: A single shot flare gun. It uses Flare Shells, and holds one shot. It has a small explosive radius and it sets enemies within it on fire. It looks like a Type 10 Flare Pistol

Meat Cleaver: A small, fast, and very deadly melee weapon. It has a good durability as well, meaning this could be your number one main melee weapon for the entirety of your stay in Darkwood. That is, IF you keep it maintained.

Those are my Weapon suggestions! I hope to see atleast one of these in the game at some point. If not, eh, ok.
spedos22

Re: New Weapon Ideas

Postby zuriumob » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:10 am

well, the pitch fork is in there now, so thats that haha. :>
zuriumob

Postby Need » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:05 pm

http://goo.gl/XMmOTy
they added in pitchfork!

Edit : it sounded better in my head.
i meant : they added in my suggestion!
Edit 2 : Holy cow they added more stuff than i tought.
We now have homemade weapons!
Edit 3 : And Remington too!
sorry
Need

Postby Shrooms » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:06 pm

I actually really like the crowbar idea, though I think it should also be very slow swinging for balance.
Some of the guns sound interesting but also not much different from what is already in the game, excepting the nail gun which sounds pretty cool and unique, and a good starting weapon.
The shiv sounds pretty useless though I guess if that's all you had it would suffice. Isn't the switchblade kinda the same thing though? It would be nice if you started out with a switchblade and it does really low damage, but that way you can at least fight somewhat.
Shrooms

Postby Need » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:32 am

we listed all weapons you could probably find in rural forest area with some redneckish population.

also dont forget durability aspect.
shiv is less durable than switch blade.
sorry
Need

Postby Shrooms » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:26 pm

Yeah but my point is it otherwise functions the same. It's like if they add a hatchet and the only difference from an axe is a lower durability. It's still essentially the same weapon.
Shrooms

Postby Rednecklawrence » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:28 pm

Wouldn't you need an air compressor for a nail gun?
"It ain't illegal until you get caught" - Rene Soetaert
Rednecklawrence

Postby MacroMac » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:04 am

I like a lot of those ideas, nail bomb especially. I'm always drowning in nails by the time I get to the Old Woods.

I would like to see something along the lines of a crossbow, or suppressor for a pistol or smg. Make it so the durability is ok for the crossbow, but the repair is costly. Craftable bolts and the like, with a chance to scavenge the bolts after firing. Suppressors could be found or crafted, but would only be good for 5-10 shots. Would be dead useful at night when you don't want to get swarmed, or if you want to quietly pick off single savages from a group.
MacroMac

Postby Silent Night » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:38 pm

Im surprised this hasnt been said yet but firearms have infinite durability, they can't break, at most they can run out of ammo
Silent Night

Return to Suggestions