Co-op

Got any cool ideas for Darkwood? Share them here!

Co-op

Postby Astolus » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:51 am

I would really like to be able to survive through this horrifying (in a good way) game with my friends. Right now we just switch off on deaths but end up using all the ammo the other one spent time gathering. it would be interesting if 2 player mode would increase the prevalence of enemies in the biomes and at different checkpoints to account for two players working together. Furthermore, a "last stand" feature, in which healthy player could revive other players in "last stand", would be interesting to see as well . Just thought it would be a cool feature. Can't wait for Alpha 4!
Astolus

Re: Co-op

Postby ShadyS » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:51 am

I think that coop will ruin everything. You should always feel that you are alone and nobody going to help you exept Wolf sometimes but he helps just because of his own interests. And I think that Wizards understand all of that.
Game should be properly designed to have coop. It depends on how many monsters everywhere, how dangerous they are, how many resources and how levels looks like and I don't see any interesting ways for Wizards to put coop in game in it current state. The only thing is to do special coop campains after game release.
ShadyS

Postby TheBigcheese42 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:42 am

I would love co-op to be enabled but in Darkwood's current state it would be difficult to implement, but hey, we all thought Don't Starve would just be singleplayer, so I guess there might be hope?
The artist currently known as Crumpdaddy
TheBigcheese42
Supporter

Postby HotshotDemon » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:27 pm

Dont Starve is amazing in multiplayer and im sure that darkwood will be too! Multiplayer horror can work, especially in a game like darkwood. There is allot of interest in darkwood multiplayer. If you dont like it, dont play it. But i would pay for a darkwood multiplayer DLC
HotshotDemon

Postby Falconfire » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:47 pm

I would love to have a Coop-Mode in Darkwood.
I'm pretty sure, that the Horror also works with 2 Players.

And it would be a really nice game for creating a good friendship.
You'll need to count on the other person.
Falconfire

Postby Snallac » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:13 am

Having co-op in Darkwood would be pretty cool - it wouldn't really decrease the feeling of isolation in any meaningful way, because two people against all the evil buggers in the woods doesn't feel like much more than one, and it would also rule out some of the things that a lone players could do to guarantee their safety, like the whole cutting off line of sight with a wardrobe thing - doing that with co-op could mean dooming your buddy to die without your aid, especially with a difficulty increase. And the co-op inventory and resource management, and assigning tasks and such.. it'd be pretty cool.
Snallac

Postby ShadyS » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:08 pm

If anybody interested, here is the link to Steam Forums thread about multiplayer where many opinions were disqussed and even Gustaw replied there Click
Maybe you don't want to look for it at whole thread, so I will attach his quote here:
Sooo... Getting back on topic: We're not working on multiplayer at the moment. When we finish the singleplayer experience, we'll think about multiplayer. But to be honest, it's very doubtful.

But then again, Klei has been saying Don't Starve won't have any multiplayer for a long time... ;)
ShadyS

Postby Silent Night » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:14 pm

I do like the idea of a co-op feature, but i think if it should be implemented, theres should be a drawback, on single player you play the game normally, but if you switch to multiplayer, the game should then become harder, enemies have more health and deal more damage forcing the players to rely on teamwork, for example borderlands has a game mechanic like this, where the game becomes harder when multiplayer comes, and enemies drop better loot to help balance out the buffs enemies get as more players play together
Silent Night

Return to Suggestions