Turn the lantern on and off

Got any cool ideas for Darkwood? Share them here!

Turn the lantern on and off

Postby GFX5000i » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:49 am

Turn the lantern on/off. It is very complicated to equip/unequip from the inventory, specially while in combat on the dark.
This function could help as a quick light source while in combat, avoiding unnecessary consumption and, at the same time, keeping real because you would still need to equip the lantern from the hotbar to switch it on/off.

Extra: adding a sound of the lantern switching on/off would be great (like the flashlight).
GFX5000i

Re: Turn the lantern on and off

Postby codeBlocks » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:13 am

If that would be an option ( i hope it will be ), then if you would so choose to turn the lantern on and off while its in your hotbar, it should consume one match, if you would want it too feel more rialistic, but if you don't have any matches on you the old way of opening your inventory and draging the lantern to your hotbar would still work the same.
// life motto
if ( sad() === TRUE ) {
sad().stop();
beAwsome();
}
codeBlocks

Postby ShadyS » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:29 am

Possibility to have flashlight in one hand and axe or pistol in other will be much better to me. :D
ShadyS

Postby GFX5000i » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:52 pm

A problem with using the match is because it would probably make matches disappear very quickly and it doesn't use any when equipping, to apply in one means to apply on another since the lantern also turns off when unequipped.

The flashlight could be a great idea, but for that the game would need to detect one-handed and two-handed weapons. Because swinging an axe and still holding the flashlight forward would be nearly impossible.
For a pistol or plank with nails seem a good idea.

Maybe even combining guns with flashlights could be a future possibility.
GFX5000i

Return to Suggestions