Translations

Got any cool ideas for Darkwood? Share them here!

Translations

Postby MAJOR » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:39 pm

I've recently been wondering when you guys will consider any possible translations for Darkwood.
Maybe you could have some kind of "alpha" translations done by people in the community, it saves you work and money and may make your game more attractive to people who aren't good in English. (Though it wouldn't be as if a professional translator does it, I guess)

I'd be up for it, I can translate English to Dutch almost perfectly, and perhaps there are other community members who can help.
MAJOR

Re: Translations

Postby Gustaw » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:59 pm

There already is a German translation. Honestly, I don't know how it's done, so you would have to contact the creator to see how it's done.

As to when (and if) we will consider translations - when the game is done. Managing translations when EVERYTHING is changing will eat too much time.
Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Postby ShadyS » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:19 pm

It's done agressively by changing fonts templates inside of decompressed game files. I was thinking about doing russian translation that way too, but there are a big problem that cyrillic types unsupported by system itself. So I need to make imaginary bridges between cyrillic and english letters and rewrite ingame textes for localisation using english letters but russian words.
I can't handle all this by myself, I asked some guys for help ain't nobody got time for that.
ShadyS

Postby MAJOR » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:42 am

Ah yeah right it'd be a real hassle to keep the translations up to date with the game still in full development but once there's a stable version we can try to do this, sure it'd be fan-made but it's better than nothing :)
MAJOR

Return to Suggestions