House Defenses

Got any cool ideas for Darkwood? Share them here!

House Defenses

Postby Shrooms » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:02 pm

I think defending your house should expand past putting up a wood barricade and some wardrobes. I think that as more days past, the nights should get harder, though there should be ways to protect against this. Here are some suggestions.

1: Upgrading your barricades
I think we should be able to use scrap metal and place it over current barricades to make them even tougher, and last longer. I also think you should be able to put nails on the outside of the barricade to discourage certain enemy types from attacking it (like the punching savages and wolves) while still allowing others (like rock/stick savages or banshees) to attack it normally.

2: Using lights to draw enemies away
It would be cool if there was a way to remote activate/deactivate lamps and have enemies follow lights to get to the player, so if you hear a monster outside you can risk turning off your light and drawing them away with your other lamp. This adds a risk/reward factor with the shadows and gives you more options to protect yourself

3: "Horde" Type enemy
Something that would add another good factor to the game is a traveling "pack" of monsters, with really dulled senses that just wander by your base on occasion. They die in one hit, and can't detect you very well, but if they find you they can easily swarm your defenses, leaving you vulnerable to attack from other monsters. They could also be drawn away using the method in #2 that I mentioned

4: More trapping options
I saw some of these in your trailer like the nail bomb, and we currently have bear traps and gasoline-and-match, but I'd like to see others as well, like:
> A: Shotgun you tie to a door with rope, that shoots when the door is opened, though this would be costly
> B: Pit traps, though you need a shovel to set up and takes lots of stamina to complete
> C: Attach an axe to the top of a door or window and as the enemy enters it swings down and hits them, > and has to be reset to work again and drains axe durability
Just to name a few

Anyways, tell me what you think and let me hear some ideas of your own!
Shrooms

Re: House Defenses

Postby Silent Night » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:36 pm

Wow i really like this idea and it doesnt even leave the realms of realism, having barricades slightly injure attackers or have greater durability sounds great, although the shotgun trap should not only be costly but difficult to set up
Silent Night

Re: House Defenses

Postby Shurky » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:17 pm

I love the House part of Darkwood because i'm mad of survivals so i think your idea would be so great for the game introducing cool gameplay ideas to the game concept.... Very good thought :D
Shurky

Return to Suggestions