Wiki-related suggestions

Got any cool ideas for Darkwood? Share them here!

Wiki-related suggestions

Postby SnowThunder » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:57 pm

So recently i have been very active in the Darkwood Wiki, and i noticed a number of simple things that the Admins could do to improve the overall experience, especially for people that edit:

* Stub markings are a complete, horrible mess right now. You have pretty articles that are marked as stubs and articles composed of one single line (at least they were, until i got to them) that are not marked as stubs. If the Admins hovered over the stubs category, lets say, once a month, it be nice to see that category being updated. Also, while every item type has a category, we don´t have an "uncategorized" category for items like the Toy Rocket and the Book.

* Speaking of categories, there is one named "Hostile" that could be erased, as it is never used. The category "agressive creatures" already fullfills this one´s role. The categories "Gameplay" and "Game mechanics" could be merged together, as they appear very similar if not identical. It is very confusing to try and find the right category when stuck between these two, wich is the probable reason why many articles that need a "Game mechanics" tag are completely untagged.

* Clicking "On the Wiki" and then "Photos" takes you to the "New Files" page. This page does not allow the viewing of every photo in the wiki, only the recent ones and the older ones. Changing that button to direct users towards "ListFiles" would be a well-received change.

* Also, small thing: keep posting Darkwood News! Not sure why alpha 6.1 and the hotfixes weren´t listed on the wiki.

*(Adding this after an Edit) Simply having a "Value" tab on the Itembox won´t do. Currently the standard uses it as "purchase value", but what about items that can´t be bought? do we have to guess wich value that one in the article refers to? a change to this would be appreciated.

(EDIT 2):

*How about a new line in the Skillbox, saying if it is active or passive? could be a nice adittion, not very important but still.

What do you think about these suggestions? please feedback!
Last edited by SnowThunder on Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SnowThunder

Re: Wiki-related suggestions

Postby Gustaw » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:46 pm

Hey, the Wizards are not in charge of the Wiki, so you will have to contact Leo McCoy about implementing these suggestions (and I don't know if he checks these forums nowadays) :)
Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Re: Wiki-related suggestions

Postby SnowThunder » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:23 pm

Gustaw wrote:Hey, the Wizards are not in charge of the Wiki, so you will have to contact Leo McCoy about implementing these suggestions (and I don't know if he checks these forums nowadays) :)

Thanks, i´ll be sure to do that :)
SnowThunder

Return to Suggestions