Doctor not appearing and Chompers not being Stunned.

xector64

Doctor not appearing and Chompers not being Stunned.

Post by xector64 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:35 pm

Alpha Version 1.3

Post Title (Pt 1): Doctor not appearing.

Description: When I go to the Train Wreck the 1st time he appears I go through the sequence and wake up and he's gone. I have read online in multiple places I am supposed to go back again and kill him or have him follow me to the Underground Entrance. I have tried everything I possibly can but he will not reappear and I am never given a chance to get the Metal Key from him. From what I understand it is how I am supposed to end Chapter 1 too which kind of sucks since I can't do it.

Post Title (Pt 2): Chompers not being Stunned.

Description: It doesn't matter what melee weapon I use 75% of the time Chompers (and sometimes even savages) will not be stunned. I let it get fully ready then successfully hit the enemy with my weapon and they just continue through to attack me or with their currently occurring attack. The guns work more often for this effect, but I've even noticed with the guns it doesn't always work.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the game, tried with multiple characters, and even doing a different sequence of finding and activating things. I am currently in the middle of a game where I plan on trying to make the Train Wreck the very last thing I do to see if that changes anything. Either way, both things are consistent it seems no matter what changes I personally make.

If these are bugs I hope they get fixed in the near future, and if not I am looking forward to learning what I am doing wrong.

Waismuth

Re: Doctor not appearing and Chompers not being Stunned.

Post by Waismuth » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:01 am

Yes, the problem with the doctor is a very common one in 1.3 version. The only solution for this is to kill him, without triggering the sequence. It's possible without completing the lynx quest for wolf and the violin for the musician. Odd thing is, when I first discovered the train wreck, I didn't even need to OPEN the front door to the car. I just... passed right through it. I didn't have the key from the doc's house, so when I clicked on the door it mentioned that I don't have it, but I still was able to get it. You might try it. Just find the doc without completing those two quests and walk into the train. Kill the doc and take the key. As for the chompers, it's odd too. Dunno, it might be fixed in the next patch.

xector64

Post by xector64 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:26 am

Thanks for the information, I will have to give this a try so I can get the feel of completion I want for this bit. I don't have a clue what is going on with my not being able to stun them most of the time, but I seem to deal with it fine. It has cost me a few lives, but otherwise I think I'm starting to get the hang of it little by little to the point where most creatures don't even get a hit on me anymore.

Gyrosser

Post by Gyrosser » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:59 pm

I did the lynx quest, went to doc's house, (had to do the hold click to get into the safe, combo wouldn't work) got the key left doc's house, went to train wreck, no door to use key on just walked in. I DID NOT get a dream here, I have only gotten dreams from doses. Doctor did not follow me either.

Waismuth

Post by Waismuth » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:26 pm

From what I've gathered, the dream sequence with the doc, when you first meet him at the train wreck only happens when you've completed the violin quest. That way the doc can actually prepare himself for our protagonist. The safest way is to simply avoid the violin quest, complete the lynx one for wolf (which also grants you the train's location) go into the train and simply kill the doc. without offering him to take him to the underground. Worked ok for me last time I did it. Hope that helps. That way you don't trigger the annoying dream sequence. The code to his chest in his house in etched onto the floor, one number is under a chest.

xector64

Post by xector64 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:01 am

Did what Waismuth said and managed to finish the chapter finally. Was hoping for some kind of cutscene or something, but the fact I managed at all to get it done feels good. So, thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Waismuth

Post by Waismuth » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:53 am

Glad we could help. Of course, you still can simply finish the violin quest. But the problem is you can't die in the doctor's dream sequence, because you don't be able to finish the game. You have to keep running to the far left. But wolf's quest path is still better, because you can get 2 weird stones in doctor's house. :P

Gyrosser

Post by Gyrosser » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:05 am

Yeah, after I tried to get the doctor to follow me from the lynx quest I went and did violin, then back to train where the dream was triggered, died, doctor syas he went to the underground, I go to undergorund and its still locked. So, I restart the game having not saved and try to redo dream but I get a black screen and wierd locations, which i mentioned in another bug thread recently. All black, no objects, chickens walking around (NO idea why) and discovering Dream locations that I cant see.

So now I will stop playing and wait for the next patch-up

Waismuth

Post by Waismuth » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:31 am

I've kinda figured out how to get out from the black screen after when you reload the dream sequence save. The only way you can get out is to set yourself on fire, by spilling gasoline on the ground and lighting it with matches or flares. You're gonna get teleported back to your house, but the game would still be bugged with the doctor quest. So might as well just skip the violin quest altogether until the next patch comes out.

Gyrosser

Post by Gyrosser » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:34 am

well I'll just wait at this point, thanks though. Did'nt think to kill myself lol. Best course of action is to forget I have this game until it's updated