Remapped keyboard controls do not show up when changed

firerage259

Remapped keyboard controls do not show up when changed

Post by firerage259 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:34 am

Windows 7 64 bit. GTX 560 Ti 2GB. Corsair 8GB DDR3 1333MHz
Post Title: Remapped keyboard controls do not show up when changed
Alpha Version: 4.0

Bug Description:
When I change the bindings on my Keyboard within options > controls, on the right hand side it does not show what I just changed the key to. for the "Up" command on the left for the original key it is W but on the right it is shown as "..." even though i just changed it to my own preferred key binding. I am a left handed player (left hand on mouse and right hand on keyboard) and i prefer to use the right side of the keyboard when playing games so I map all movement keys to the arrow keys and as close as possible around the arrow keys along with all other key commands. This bug may have an issue with the right side of the keyboard such as the arrow keys, the "Insert" to "PgDn" keys and all the KeyPad keys. Even though it does not show the key changed to, it still uses that key I changed it to. So its just a graphical glitch/bug and does not really break the control changes in options.

Here is a short list of what the image below should show instead of "..." on the changed keys on the right:

Up: W/Up Arrow
Left: A/Left Arrow
Down: S/Down Arrow
Right: D/Right Arrow
Run: Left Shift/Right Shift
Jump: Space/Space
Dodge: Left control/Right control
etc....

How to reproduce bug:
press Escape key > Options > Controls and change a few keys to any other key from the original. For me it showed "..." on the right. Try using right hand side keyboard keys like arrow keys and keypad keys. I remember the changes made did show up depending on which key you changed.
ingame controls on right dont show.jpg
ingame controls on right dont show.jpg (88.85 KiB) Viewed 755 times
Edit: I am using the Microsoft SideWinder X4 as my current keyboard.

I will reply to Messages as most as a I can. Thanks

Save File Location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\102773332\274520\remote
output_log.txt
(5.26 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
"For nearly four years you have had an Administration which instead of twirling its thumbs has rolled up its sleeves. And I can assure you that we will keep our sleeves rolled up.

We had to struggle with the old enemies of peace — business and financial monopoly, speculation, reckless banking, class antagonism, sectionalism, war profiteering.

They had begun to consider the Government of the United States as a mere appendage to their own affairs. We know now that Government by organized money is just as dangerous as Government by organized mob.

Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me — and I welcome their hatred.

I should like to have it said of my first Administration that in it the forces of selfishness and of lust for power met their match. I should like to have it said of my second Administration that in it these forces met their master." - Franklin D. Roosevelt