Several Alpha 10.0 Bugs

Several Alpha 10.0 Bugs

Postby threeofwands » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:27 pm

I have a few of these, so I'll keep it as simple as possible.

Alpha version: 10.0
Bug description, with steps to reproduce: Completely unable to load saves. I've encountered this once, and my friend has twice. I'm scared to close my game now, because there's no real pattern as to why, it's just been this way since the update. When loading the save, it gets to almost complete, then it sits there indefinitely making no more progress.
Have you loaded a game before encountering this bug? : tried to :P

Bug description, with steps to reproduce: The torch on the body in the generator shack (outside of Hideout 1) has its durability mostly gone, but does not decrease from there. I've been using it for a majority of the game without it running out.
Have you loaded a game before encountering this bug? : no (above is why though)

Bug description, with steps to reproduce: Both of my plank with nails and shovel stopped decreasing durability after upgrading the damage. Haven't had to repair either in a while -- except the shovel in the case of digging up rubble. Then it takes its usual durability penalty.
Have you loaded a game before encountering this bug? : no (...again, lol.)

Also, it's worth noting that the same friend who experienced the first bug has experienced both of the second ones both times before losing his progress to the save bug. I also experienced the torch bug before losing my first save. I didn't get far enough in the first save to see it on the plank with nails or shovel, unfortunately.
Useless agendas make a useless breed, all you can eat in a world of need.
A discount price for all your good deeds; tell me isn't that all you need?
threeofwands

Re: Several Alpha 10.0 Bugs

Postby Gustaw » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:31 am

Thanks! I've fixed all of these in the latest hotfixes :)
Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Postby threeofwands » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:56 pm

I don't want to clutter things up by making a whole new thread for this, so I'm just going to reply here with a new one since today's hotfix. XD

Now the workbench ate my resources for repairing my axe - then didn't even repair it! lol Hungry, greedy workbench...

Edit: Okay, just speculation here, but I think it's worth noting. I had the issue where I upgraded my workbench to max and it bugged out, eating all my stuff. I just now tried to upgrade my axe to see if that would render any useful results to solve this - it says my workbench isn't upgraded enough to do so. When I mouse over upgrades, it shows no information for the next upgrade. Perhaps it's because I reached the final upgrade before your patch fixed it? XD; Oh no...

Edit (again): OH HOW FUN LOL (I only had 4 rags...)

threeofwands

Postby Gustaw » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:49 pm

Thanks! Can you send me your save files to help@acidwizardstudio.com?

Please do start a new thread for each bug you find :)
Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Postby threeofwands » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:35 pm

Got it, boss! :>
threeofwands

Postby ShadyS » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:09 pm

I'm really curious why some old, early reported and already fixed bugs from previous alpha versions return in new builds so often? Is it some difficulties in code sync between 3 devs?
ShadyS

Postby Gustaw » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:00 pm

I'm the only one who touches the code :P

Every time something gets added or changed, there is a possibility that a bug will be added, which can be a lot of times completely unrelated to the thing that was changed. There is also the fact that Unity has some quirks with SVN (which we use to sync our project), so ie. I might fix something, but this will get accidentally reverted by someone else a day later when uploading his version of the project (but no one will know about this until someone reports the bug again).
Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Return to Bug reports