October update

October update

Postby Gustaw » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:50 pm

We've posted a new update on our blog!

http://www.acidwizardstudio.com/?p=148

Inside, you'll find some never-before-seen footage from the new engine Darkwood is running on, some explaining as to why we've been silent lately, and the current status of development.

Ok, now let's play "spot 10 differences between the old trailers and the new video"!
Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Re: October update

Postby droog » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:57 pm

Oh my god! This looks so amazing! Is the song part of the soundtrack? Wow.. great work guys.

Edit: And wizard's.. please take the time you need to finish the game. It deserves to be something special. :)
I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.
-H.P. Lovecraft
droog
VIP

Postby Sunday » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:57 pm

Looks pretty.

The field of view dynamic is in full swing here, and I think that's something which will make this title shine above all else. Especially when there are lots of little "cracks" allowing just a glimpse into the other side of terrain or rooms to catch that fleeting movement of something horrific.

You made mention in the update that you didn't want to join the ranks of many failed indie games which promised too much and delivered so little, so please focus on the AI... While it does look very pretty, gameplay is core here.

I've seen many a "Zombie Shooter" game or "Dead Frontier" style game where AI just barrels towards a player in swarms. I'd hate for such a project here to be paired up with games like that. So I hope that will be the focus of your team.

Yet another two cents from an armchair critic. Hope to see more from you guys soon.

All the best to ya!
Sunday

Postby Nhoise » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:05 am

-
Last edited by Nhoise on Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nhoise

Postby UndeadGuru » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:20 am

Great news! Thanks guys :)
No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness.
UndeadGuru
VIP

Postby Gustaw » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:53 am

Good eye Nhoise! We actually liked the previous lighting better, because right now there are no penumbra effects (blurring of the light edged) and a few other things.. Let's hope we can improve on it!

Anyways, seems like nobody noticed the change I'm most exited about, which are parallax effects on trees, fog etc. which give the feeling of 3D!
Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Postby Nhoise » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:49 pm

-
Last edited by Nhoise on Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nhoise

Postby He With Many Eyes » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:12 am

I love the video. The environment looks great. I kind of wish we could have seen some combat but it was still an enjoyable video. :lol:
"I have many eyes. With my many eyes I watch you from the dark. No need to cry. You aren't that bad looking... for a dead guy."
He With Many Eyes

Return to News