Plans for Alpha 2

Plans for Alpha 2

Postby Gustaw » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:53 am

Dear mortals,

We’ve been very busy after Darkwood’s launch, and released a few critical updates and hotfixes for most of the problems you’ve been having. We’ve also rested a bit after the pre-launch crunch time, watched a ton of Darkwood letsplays, hanged out in loads of streams, and read a lot of the suggestions you have been posting on the forums. We’re extremely excited about the reception of the alpha, but that’s a story for a different time.

The important thing is, we can now begin working on the first major update for Darkwood. There have been many reports about optimization - sometimes you can run the game on old and feeble laptops without a problem, while other times beefy rigs struggle with Darkwood. To fix this, we need to rework some of the behind-the-scenes stuff, which will take some time. This is a big change, so the sooner we do it, the better, and we’ve decided that it is a priority for the next update.

Optimization is of course not the only thing coming in Alpha 2. You can expect a little bit more of everything, and hopefully a fix for the issues some of the Mac users have been experiencing. I’m afraid the exact things we are planning will remain a secret. The Acid Wizards see your suggestions and what you would like to see improved in the game, so keep them coming! <3

When is the update coming out? We don’t know. We work *a lot* better if we’re not stressing out about a deadline, but it’s safe to assume that you can expect for us to work on it for AT LEAST a month. Don’t worry, we haven’t run off with the money, and we’re not spending 100% of our time playing Dark Souls.

There’s a lot to do before we’re satisfied with Darkwood, and we’re fully commited to making this the best experience possible!

The Acid Wizards
Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Re: Plans for Alpha 2

Postby Need » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:58 pm

That remark about running away with money left me little worried.That remark about Dark Souls left me fraghtened...

You know guys ignorance is bliss.

yo and good luck with boses!
sorry
Need

Postby Demosphere » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:29 pm

1) Pumped for more Perks and Detailed Perk Text/Descriptions
2) Excited for Multiple story houses that wouldn't require loading. (I know..... probably not but I can dream)
3) Knives !!!! *Stabby Stab*
4) New Locations. (Cheeseman with mice minions)
5) New Creatures. (See above)
6) Construction of wardrobes, crates, etc for base building and storage.
7) Overall more crafting. But evil scientist / steampunk crafting.
8) To finally learn what the hell is in the The Wolfs chests. *Gggrrrrrrrrr*

That is just a short list of the things that I would like to see with a major update. Of course a beggar can't be a chooser, but they are in order of importance for me at least. = )

I seriously love the game so far and am hoping that all my dreams come true.
Demosphere

Postby Rednecklawrence » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:54 pm

Hello wizards! just a question, but is there any possibility of a ballpark estimate of when alpha 2 will be out?

Thanks!

P.S.(Love the game!)
"It ain't illegal until you get caught" - Rene Soetaert
Rednecklawrence

Postby Need » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:01 pm

Rednecklawrence wrote:Hello wizards! just a question, but is there any possibility of a ballpark estimate of when alpha 2 will be out?

Thanks!

P.S.(Love the game!)

Soon
sorry
Need

Postby bloowhalez » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:11 am

Xbox 360 controller support. Please. I want to play this while I lay in bed with the lights off. I would happily pay the $15 to support this if it had that, otherwise I'm going to wait for a sale.
bloowhalez

Postby xector64 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:48 am

bloowhalez wrote:Xbox 360 controller support. Please. I want to play this while I lay in bed with the lights off. I would happily pay the $15 to support this if it had that, otherwise I'm going to wait for a sale.

Can't wait for Alpha 2! Love the idea of there being more, but most of all....the fixes. (Example: being able to get the Metal Key)

As for the controller support, as a setup for either until they implement it, or for if they don't ever implement it you could always use something a friend told me about. I haven't personally used it but, apparently Xpadder is something you can setup and use for controller support for any game. Might be great for Darkwood considering there is somewhere near equal amount of controls for a controller as there is on the keyboard. (Again a reminder though, never personally checked it out)
xector64

Postby Sercullhor » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:31 am

So it's officially been a month and a bit into a week, how is progress? Although I don't want to entertain the notion of another promising kick starter failing to hit the ground running but if that is the case then it's best to get that knowledge out before people show up at your door with pitchforks and torches.
Sercullhor

Postby Bandwagonman » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:15 am

Sercullhor wrote:So it's officially been a month and a bit into a week, how is progress? Although I don't want to entertain the notion of another promising kick starter failing to hit the ground running but if that is the case then it's best to get that knowledge out before people show up at your door with pitchforks and torches.

http://www.acidwizardstudio.com/?p=397
Bandwagonman

Return to News