The arcitecture of Darkwood...

All things Darkwood!

The arcitecture of Darkwood...

Postby LackadasicalBeast » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:00 am

Hello world!

To wit, working on a custom level for another game, Killing Floor 2, and trying to make a overgrown village with some quite hefty inspiration from Darkwood, so I was wondering; could either the Developers or forum-goers with a better eye for this kindly show what they'd know of the architecture of the various location, as well as anything that might be helpful, as I'd rather appreciate it!

Been through all three biomes in Chapter 1, and through vast majority of Chapter 2's swamp, so this thread may potentially include locations or stuff and spoilers.

So far, I think most structures seem to be:

Thicker external walls, thinner internal walls.
Wooden floors and ceilings, with some concrete porches or floors.
Brick, block/breeze-block and wooden material used for walls, judging by debris and outlines.
Brickwork for outerwalls, wood may be for internal walls?
Wide-open or cross-shaped windows, with some thinner windows (that you can't see through, oddly. XD)
Light wood and strong metal doors.
A-shaped wooden or tiled roofs? Can only see the roof of the house that 'Slug' resides on/in, as well as one or two side-structure's tops.

I know the forums seem dreadfully quiet, which is honestly a shame, but I'd really appreciate input, suggestions and the like from both Developers and keen-eyed forumers, thank you very much! ^3^
LackadasicalBeast

Re: The arcitecture of Darkwood...

Postby Korova » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:53 pm

Check out pictures of wartorn europe from the last 100 years, its tough to place exactly when darkwood is set, ghost towns and places like chernobyl also have similar aesthetic
Korova

Postby LackadasicalBeast » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:37 pm

Hnn, that'd make sense, thank 'ee for your imput. It seems perhaps in eastern-Poland or by the Russian border, given the language and imagery. Originally felt it was lots of wooden cabins, rather than a village or small town of today, if that makes sense?

Was hoping to also gain insight from Devs, if they still visit here, seems sad really. @Gustaw
LackadasicalBeast

Postby Gustaw » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:18 am

Hi, I'm not responsible for the art, so I can't help you with this, and Artur is extremely busy these days and giving you a good answer would eat a big chunk of his time. I'm afraid we have to focus on finishing up the game for now.
Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Postby ShadyS » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:55 am

Gustaw wrote:Hi, I'm not responsible for the art, so I can't help you with this, and Artur is extremely busy these days and giving you a good answer would eat a big chunk of his time. I'm afraid we have to focus on finishing up the game for now.

Sorry for the off topic here but seems like next update will be one of the final Alpha updates that will ever be?
ShadyS

Postby Gustaw » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:33 pm

Yup!
Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Postby kenedy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:38 am

you should Check out pictures of wartorn europe from the last 80 years...
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.
kenedy

Return to General Discussion