Downloading from Piratebay, Comcast customer

All things Darkwood!

Downloading from Piratebay, Comcast customer

Postby happyfornow » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi, I'm interested in trying Darkwood for free before I buy it. But I'm afraid if I download it from Piratebay that I might get a letter from Comcast threatening whatever. Not too long ago I had a friend that downloaded a free file from Piratebay and Comcast sent him an intimidating letter about it. If I download Darkwwood from Piratebay, is there any chance that I will get a letter from Comcast? Please advise, thanks!
happyfornow

Re: Downloading from Piratebay, Comcast customer

Postby JRF2k » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:26 pm

happyfornow wrote:Hi, I'm interested in trying Darkwood for free before I buy it. But I'm afraid if I download it from Piratebay that I might get a letter from Comcast threatening whatever. Not too long ago I had a friend that downloaded a free file from Piratebay and Comcast sent him an intimidating letter about it. If I download Darkwwood from Piratebay, is there any chance that I will get a letter from Comcast? Please advise, thanks!

Hey, I am on COMCAST too.

I've actually already bought the game on STEAM, but I am downloading the torrent so I can have a DRM-FREE copy I can copy to my work laptop and play when I am on business trips. I am not allowed to install STEAM on the laptop, but I can copy this over and run it directly.

Anyway, who cares if they send you a letter? You have express permission from the devs themselves that it's out there for downloading. You aren't breaking any laws. You aren't even pirating per se. The devs are like here it is if you like it please buy it. It's better than trying to get it from a key reseller or whatever.

So, if COMCAST does send you a letter, you can respond with several posts and images from the devs themselves that say this torrent was provided by them and you're not doing anything wrong.

That's what I will do if they send me a scare letter. I never pirate anything, and they can see that, and like I said, I have expressed permission from the dev, plus I've already legitmately bought the game too.
JRF2k

Postby happyfornow » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:31 pm

Thanks for the info JRF2k, that makes sense.
happyfornow

Postby Gustaw » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:19 am

Hi, to be honest I don't know much about that. After we posted the torrent we got comments that the Pirate Bay is actually banned in the UK for example, so I guess it depends on your country's laws. You won't be getting any issues from us, however ;)
Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Return to General Discussion