Game breaker (?) Loot drop report.

All things Darkwood!

Game breaker (?) Loot drop report.

Postby Pshemsky » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:52 am

Hello, first of I would like to tell devs that I absolutely love Their game and I have a great time with it. I was looking forward to the game's release and I'm not dissapointed.

However I got incredibly unlucky and therefore I'm missing something, or I encountered a game breaking overlook by game devs.

So, I'm in chapter 2. I did quests for The Elephants and The Mushroom Granny. I got the oxygen tank from The Elephants and i decided to head north, where I found the radio tower place. There I found the compressor. Both of these things I need to dive underneath The Talking Tree.

However, while I was in the Radio Tower area I noticed that it was getting pretty late (like 6 or 7 pm) and i knew that there was little chance that I get inside a safehouse in time, so i thought that I'll go inside the basement area underneath the radio tower, hoping that I'll somehow survive there, and if not, then whatever. Well I didn't.

I was doing well. I had like 7 lives left on hard mode. I ran inside the basement, where the red night thingys chased me anyway. I ran the only way possible, towards the two metal doors. I couldn't open the second one ( I was told that I can open it only when I close the first one), so I closed the first door, ran forward and shortly after I died.

I thought "Ok, I'll come back for my stuff, and I'll be on my way". But no. Now I can't open the first door behind which my backpack is, and while I died, I lost both the Compressor and an oxygen tank. I'm stuck...

So either there is some sort of key to open the first door again or I'm completely screwed, and I have to start the game all over again.

I'm not expecting devs to immediatelly have a hotfix for this kind of situation, but at least make a plot important items like aforementioned oxy tank and compressor not droppable upon death, or make doors like these open again upon death. Thank you.

If anyone knows, please let me know a solution to this situation, or I'll just have to start a game again, and that's a shame.

Anyway devs, as I said I love your game, but please take a closer look on this issue.

Thank you.
Pshemsky

Re: Game breaker (?) Loot drop report.

Postby Gustaw » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:50 am

Hi, you got extremely unlucky ;) Please send me your save files to help@acidwizardstudio.com and I'll fix it for you. Instructions.
Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Re: Game breaker (?) Loot drop report.

Postby Pshemsky » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:17 pm

Thanks, but by the time you responded, I already started a new game and deleted the old save file, and I'm already near swamp. :D I mostly wanted to point out, that situations like this can happen. :)

Anyway, thanks for responding. Cheers.
Pshemsky

Return to General Discussion