So, if I still wanted to buy the game...

All things Darkwood!
Wolfie

So, if I still wanted to buy the game...

Post by Wolfie » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:58 pm

I know I'm a little late here (and I have been away for a while), but is it still possible to buy the game pre-release? Or is that whole thing over?

Oh, and just a quick question, will there be different 'editions' for purchase when the game is released?

p.s. The forums are kind of quiet, has anything been going on lately?

Thanks,
Wolfie

Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Re: So, if I still wanted to buy the game...

Post by Gustaw » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:27 am

Hey Wolfie, we're not accepting pre-orders at the moment :( And we don't know yet if there will be additional editions of the game. Apart from that, the forums will be quiet for a few months more as we just want to focus and work on the game. We'll try to do an update this week on the blog ;)

XGCForsakend
Supporter

Post by XGCForsakend » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:02 am

Yea, forums are quiet since there isn't much to talk about yet (new news-wise). I expect after a few updates and blogs, excitement will pick up once more on the forums.

Until then, I am lurking more than anything at the moment :D

Look forward to any updates Gustaw ^_^

Wolfie

Post by Wolfie » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:48 am

Sweet, thanks Gustaw, I can't wait for any future updates! Although the forums have been quiet, I will continue to lookout for anything new, much like XGCForsakend here.

Thanks, and good luck,
Wolfie

SDF121

Post by SDF121 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:23 am

So... are there any plans to allow those of us who originally missed out on the indiegogo campaign to preorder Darkwood?

I know of several kickstarter projects (Wasteland 2, Satellite Reign, Mighty No. 9, and Stasis to name a few) that have set up their own store after successfully funding their game. You can even pledge more money to receive some of the digital rewards/goodies that were initially part of each games kickstarter campaign. Most of these games seem to be using the additional funds raised from late backers to further polish their game or to reach various stretch goals that were not reached in the initial campaign.

I was wondering if there were any plans to follow a similar course of action with Darkwood. I know that I would gladly throw down money for the "Scholar" tier of Darkwood even if I ended up having to pay more for it at this point as a consequence for missing out on the indiegogo campaign. I only learned of this game a couple months ago and am still kicking myself for having not heard of this game sooner. I can't be the only one who would love a chance to preorder the game with some of the digital goodies offered in the indiegogo campaign.

Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Post by Gustaw » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:50 pm

Welcome to the forums SDF121!

We don't really know what to think about this - we kind of feel that it would be a bit unfair to our current IGG backers to offer the same perks which were available during the campaign if we opened up a new pre-ordering system. On the other hand, it's also unfair to people who haven't heard about Darkwood and can't get some cool stuff because they weren't following crowdfunding news that month.

I would love to hear how our current supporters feel about this so speak up guys! ;)

null

Post by null » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:21 pm

I for one wouldn't mind at all.

cuddles
Supporter

Post by cuddles » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:06 pm

As someone who missed out on the War for the Overworld contributions/rewards, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I definitely don't mind if late backers get rewards for Darkwood.

SDF121

Post by SDF121 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:22 pm

What does everyone else think of my suggestion? In addition to allowing others to back Darkwood, the developers could also allow all existing backers to up their pledges should they desire to do so. I know with other kickstarter projects that there are a fair amount of backers who would have liked to have pledged a higher amount but could not at the time. Then there are those who would liked to have seen more about the game as it progresses through development before they feel comfortable pledging more money.

Anyways, in case some of you are wondering what this would look like, I would suggest looking at some of the stores set up by other successful kickstarter projects.

Wasteland 2 (This an an archived version of their store which is currently down. It will be back up after the beta)
http://web.archive.org/web/201304242024 ... .com/store

Stasis
http://stasiscommunity.com/pledge/

Satellite Reign
http://satellitereign.com/pledge/

The Long Dark
http://www.intothelongdark.com/rewards-2/

As I mentioned in my previous post. Some of these projects are using the additional funds to further polish and develop the game whereas other studios are using the additional funds raised to meet more of their campaigns stretch goals. Perhaps Darkwood could aim for something similar? I'd love to be able to pledge money for the scholar edition of the game.

As long as none of the physical items are included in this new store, I don't see how this option could really detract from the development of the game as the developers will not have to worry about the logistical costs of shipping any physical items. By only offering the digital tiers/rewards for Darkwood, you would allow those of us who missed out on the indiegogo campaign to get some of the goodies that we would otherwise never be able to get while maintaining the exclusivity of the indiegogo campaign by barring the physical items/goodies from being obtained. Seems like a fair compromise to me.

Furthermore, since all future sales would involve digital items, all future sales would essentially be pure profit that will go towards making Darkwood an even better game.

UndeadGuru
VIP

Post by UndeadGuru » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:51 am

Gustaw wrote:Welcome to the forums SDF121!

We don't really know what to think about this - we kind of feel that it would be a bit unfair to our current IGG backers to offer the same perks which were available during the campaign if we opened up a new pre-ordering system. On the other hand, it's also unfair to people who haven't heard about Darkwood and can't get some cool stuff because they weren't following crowdfunding news that month.

I would love to hear how our current supporters feel about this so speak up guys! ;)
I think it's allright if people could pre-order the game. But only the game, not the goodies and extra's from the IndieGoGo campaign. I think that's fair for the early backers..

Just my 2 cents ;)
No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness.