what's happening

All things Darkwood!
pschiel

what's happening

Post by pschiel » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:38 am

Hey guys, you should be more grateful that your crowdfunding campaign has been successful. It's a huge chance to have the development and all the risk paid in advance, other people can only dream of this!

At least fricking 57.000$ should be enough to keep your backers properly informed about what's going on. 2 updates in 8 months, seriously?

Vote for "Indiegame Of The Year"? Surely not, if I could choose the worst one, you would have my vote.

Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Re: what's happening

Post by Gustaw » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:03 pm

Hi. We've discussed this on several occasions already (like here). Don't know what you mean by 2 updates in 8 months, we're doing a bigger update each month for some time now.

Yes, we don't do updates every couple of days, but we don't feel like we are not informing the fans on what's going on - the fact is, it's just work, work, work. Not a lot to say about it and not be boring ;)
Hey guys, you should be more grateful that your crowdfunding campaign has been successful. It's a huge chance to have the development and all the risk paid in advance, other people can only dream of this!
Our crowdfunding success was not a lottery win, but a result of A LOT of work. We're extremely grateful to all our backers, and we show it through working our asses off even more to bring them a game they deserve. As I wrote in the mentioned post, we'd rather be quiet for a long time and work in peace (doing updates or any marketing stuff is VERY time consuming for us) and make Darkwood the best possible way we can.

We're going to stick to this approach as I think we've made a crazy amount of progress this past year thanks to not getting sidetracked. I hope you can understand this and enjoy the game when it's out without any bad feelings towards it!

vatarax

Post by vatarax » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:07 pm

Sorry but this fact, the level of information is relatively low. And the people who help you realize your dreams, belong the concrete information at least once or twice a month. I saw one personal projects less ambitious than yours and having a much better contact with customers. The fact that you are busy does not change that. More and more people have already forgotten about this project. Shame on you.

Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Post by Gustaw » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:19 pm

I can't really see the problem with regards to what you described - your suggestion is to do 1 to 2 updates per month, where I just wrote we do updates at least once a month, and the last one was literally 4 days ago.

Anyways, this is all relative. Trust me, we'd like to have some cool stuff to show off every day ;) but we just don't have the resources (and a project that would not be spoiler sensitive) to do that.

JazzCorp

Post by JazzCorp » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:11 am

Gustaw wrote:last one was literally 4 days ago.Image
when i go looking for news i go to the news board, is the update you made mention of else were?
if so, i think i see the source of confusion for both parties.
Last edited by JazzCorp on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

cuddles
Supporter

Post by cuddles » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:46 am

Gustaw wrote: Our crowdfunding success was not a lottery win, but a result of A LOT of work. We're extremely grateful to all our backers, and we show it through working our asses off even more to bring them a game they deserve. As I wrote in the mentioned post, we'd rather be quiet for a long time and work in peace (doing updates or any marketing stuff is VERY time consuming for us) and make Darkwood the best possible way we can.
Remember, the loud vocal ones might not always be what most of the community is about. Keep doing what you wizards do.

UndeadGuru
VIP

Post by UndeadGuru » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:53 am

pschiel wrote:Hey guys, you should be more grateful that your crowdfunding campaign has been successful. It's a huge chance to have the development and all the risk paid in advance, other people can only dream of this!

At least fricking 57.000$ should be enough to keep your backers properly informed about what's going on. 2 updates in 8 months, seriously?

Vote for "Indiegame Of The Year"? Surely not, if I could choose the worst one, you would have my vote.
vatarax wrote:Sorry but this fact, the level of information is relatively low. And the people who help you realize your dreams, belong the concrete information at least once or twice a month. I saw one personal projects less ambitious than yours and having a much better contact with customers. The fact that you are busy does not change that. More and more people have already forgotten about this project. Shame on you.
JazzCorp wrote:
when i go looking for news i go to the news board, is the update you made mention of else were?

I suspect these posts are from the same person, trying to troll on the forums. Oh god I hate these kind of people :|
No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness.

Vanishing

Post by Vanishing » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:17 pm

UndeadGuru wrote:
pschiel wrote:Hey guys, you should be more grateful that your crowdfunding campaign has been successful. It's a huge chance to have the development and all the risk paid in advance, other people can only dream of this!

vatarax wrote:Sorry but this fact, the level of information is relatively low. And the people who help you realize your dreams, belong the concrete information at least once or twice a month. I saw one personal projects less ambitious than yours and having a much better contact with customers. The fact that you are busy does not change that. More and more people have already forgotten about this project. Shame on you.
JazzCorp wrote:

I suspect these posts are from the same person, trying to troll on the forums. Oh god I hate these kind of people :|
That's a lot of email addresses they are investing...lols

The wizard weight lifting cracked me though.. :)

XGCForsakend
Supporter

Post by XGCForsakend » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:13 pm

Considering the game is meant to be 'mysterious' and talking about the enemies we may find, or the story (since that is supposed to be discovered on your own too) can ruin the experience... I fully understand why updates haven't been as often as others. Heck, I thank them for it then.

But some of these posts in here are quote silly. I don't believe the community has 'forgotten' the game as there currently isn't much to talk about except the occasional news snippet or update. Once the game gets closer to release, I expect this forum to come to full life.

Until then, to the troll cave these posters go. Begone!

Kekskiller
VIP

Post by Kekskiller » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:30 am

Exactly! I mean what fun is a game you already know half about. Take your time, guys - this ain't a race for headlines.