what's happening

All things Darkwood!
User avatar
UndeadGuru
VIP
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 7:15 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: what's happening

Post by UndeadGuru » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:10 pm

Gustaw wrote:
UndeadGuru wrote:Please permaban this troll. :|
Yeah well, that would be censorship, right? ;) Everyone has the right to express his / her opinion. Even if it's just a figment of someone's imagination. That's something very important in Darkwood actually.
Well there is nothing wrong to express your opinion with valid arguments. And I'm not saying that you should censor real criticism. But if you are just deliberately trying to upset people and saying things like this:
wizardofoz wrote:i m coming to poland and make you guys my bitch.
Then in my opinion you don't have the right to post things on this forum. I've been multiple times a forum moderator and these kind of people don't stop. They feed on the reactions of others. Gustaw I recommend you to read this article about trolls which is really shocking.

http://www.vyralize.com/7257/study-find ... real-life/

Hopefully you will understand why they need to get a ban (or a warning, but most of the times a warning doesn't help, it makes them more confident to troll more).
No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness.

pschiel
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:44 am

Re: what's happening

Post by pschiel » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:11 am

Don't be silly, I use only one account here, that's already more than enough. If there are others that don't like your style too, maybe you should start to think about it and not call everyone a troll!


So, 2 days ago I received a third "update", which was simply a small text passage, and one screenshot, is that what you call hard work? Everything you achieved this year is a few lines of text? You must be kidding.


I browsed through the website and mails again, there is NO info at all about progress in this game. How far is it, what is exactly done, what is missing, etc? With percentages and weekly updates, like others have? What's the plan when to release first versions? Nothing.

All I can find is one silly youtube video and some screenshots that could easily be photoshopped, and some more written text that describe what "could" be in the game. How pitiful.

I don't want to discuss here, just tell you that you are the worst kickstarter/indiegogo experience I ever had so far, and I backed a lot of projects.


I honestly think this title as a complete rip off, I doubt it will ever be released. Those excuses that you "had work before" are ridiculous, you don't get kickstarter money for work you did in the past!!!

User avatar
Gustaw
Acid Wizard
Posts: 810
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: what's happening

Post by Gustaw » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:34 am

Sorry to hear that :( but as I've stated before: we could talk and talk about what could be in the game like some designers do (*cough* Molyneux *cough*), or we could make the game and talk about the things that are actually implemented.

We choose the latter, even if it means temporarily pissing off a few of the less trusting people (assuming your issue is indeed in doubting the fact that Darkwood exists at all).

User avatar
cuddles
Supporter
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:24 pm

Re: what's happening

Post by cuddles » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:24 pm

Gustaw wrote:Sorry to hear that :( but as I've stated before: we could talk and talk about what could be in the game like some designers do (*cough* Molyneux *cough*), or we could make the game and talk about the things that are actually implemented...
Shots fired!

Image

ARustyFirePlace
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:36 pm

Re: what's happening

Post by ARustyFirePlace » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:38 pm

Nearly a year since backing, and what do we have? No new videos in half a year, a few screenshots and no info on when the game is coming out or any progress? It does seem poorly managed.

P.S. not everyone that disagrees with your view is a troll, so maybe when you grow up you can learn to use your brain and understand logic and reason to disagree with someone.

User avatar
UndeadGuru
VIP
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 7:15 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: what's happening

Post by UndeadGuru » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:08 am

ARustyFirePlace wrote:P.S. not everyone that disagrees with your view is a troll, so maybe when you grow up you can learn to use your brain and understand logic and reason to disagree with someone.
I assume you are talking to me. No I agree with you. Everyone that disagrees with my view is not a troll. I think it is great that other people have a different opinion. However the people that are intimidating or posting inflammatory messages on the forums are IMO a troll. It's very funny that you say that I have to learn to use my brain and grow up. Clearly I'm more mature than you, based on how you react. Also it seems to me that you haven't read my posts. But lets keep it nice on the forums instead of attacking me on a personal level.
No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness.

Post Reply