How are you liking our Indiegogo?

All things Darkwood!
Gustaw
Acid Wizard

How are you liking our Indiegogo?

Post by Gustaw » Thu May 09, 2013 8:36 pm

Hey guys!

Tell us your impressions on the pitch video or the descriptions in the Indiegogo page. We have tons of bloopers that we'd like to share with you sometime in the future.. I literally cry every time I watch them!

We are receiving very positive response so far from the fans, but we're concerned about almost zero exposure from the press - the stats for our Greenlight page or www.darkwoodgame.com didn't even flinch after we launched, and we're getting very few visits from the articles that were published recently. Also, a lot of sites that were very positive on Darkwood in the past, are now totally silent on the campaign after we sent the presskits.

So this is very strange to us and we'd like to know if there is something we're doing wrong - we DO know we have a GREAT game in our hands, but we're not marketing/PR experts and we'd like to hear your opinion on this matter, so that we can improve how we present our information and let every survival horror fan out there to hear about Darkwood!

Raven

Re: How are you liking our Indiegogo?

Post by Raven » Thu May 09, 2013 8:57 pm

I think on this site you have a better chance to develop: http://www.kickstarter.com/

Vanishing

Post by Vanishing » Thu May 09, 2013 9:46 pm

I already sent out an email to indiegames.com editors regarding Darkwood's Indiegogo status, hope this helps..:D

Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Post by Gustaw » Thu May 09, 2013 10:08 pm

@Raven That's true, but we couldn't do launch on Kickstarter as we are not US/UK residents. There are ways around it but after 2 weeks of figuring it out and no-one to guarantee to make it work, we decided it's not worth the risk.

@Vanishing Thanks! Let's hope they decide to do a piece about it :)

Nickboom

Post by Nickboom » Fri May 10, 2013 12:48 am

Since you dont have a demo or playable version of some kind yet your best bet is word of mouth (or word of type in this case). I know on another game I play we have a part on the forums that is about indie games we like and are looking forward too.

UndeadGuru
VIP

Post by UndeadGuru » Fri May 10, 2013 3:26 am

I think you need the big gaming websites to write articles about this campaign.. Rock Paper and Shotgun, GameTrailers, IGN, Gamespot and Kotaku.
No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness.

Vanishing

Post by Vanishing » Fri May 10, 2013 4:23 am

UndeadGuru wrote:I think you need the big gaming websites to write articles about this campaign.. Rock Paper and Shotgun, GameTrailers, IGN, Gamespot and Kotaku.
Sent an email to RPS this evening as well..:D

Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Post by Gustaw » Fri May 10, 2013 7:39 am

@UndeadGuru Yup, that's precisely what we need.. We need to figure out how to get these guys to write a piece about Darkwood, otherwise the Indiegogo is doomed. Any ideas how to pique their interest? Maybe their viewers are tired of crowdfunding campaigns and they don't want to write about them, so we gotta wrap all this up in a new package?

UndeadGuru
VIP

Post by UndeadGuru » Fri May 10, 2013 10:32 am

Gustaw wrote:Any ideas how to pique their interest? Maybe their viewers are tired of crowdfunding campaigns and they don't want to write about them, so we gotta wrap all this up in a new package?
I think you should e-mail them.

Also you need to contact important youtubers about your campaign (especially those who are making survival horror walkthroughs). Think about Pewdiepie, Angry Joe, Smoshgames, Vsauce3, TotalBiscuit, kilplixism, SeaNanners, Criken2, etc. Maybe it's possible to let them play a prototype? Pewdiepie was also helping those guys with the Kickstrarter of Among the Sleep...
Last edited by UndeadGuru on Fri May 10, 2013 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

UndeadGuru
VIP

Post by UndeadGuru » Fri May 10, 2013 10:40 am

Gustaw wrote:Maybe their viewers are tired of crowdfunding campaigns and they don't want to write about them, so we gotta wrap all this up in a new package?
Also I don't think people are tired of crowdfunding campaigns. It's all about the publicity of the campaign. Take a look at the failed campaign of Project Awakened. First time they did it on Kickstarter and the second time on their own site. They did absolutely nothing to let people know that their campaign existed. They should've contacted big gaming websites about their campaign. I think it's going fine if big gaming websites are going to write about your campaign.