How are we dealing with the early release? :D

All things Darkwood!
TheBigcheese42
Supporter

How are we dealing with the early release? :D

Post by TheBigcheese42 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:56 pm

G'day everyone!

Currently in the early days of June, and I'm hungrily awaiting the announcement of an exact release date for the early access. Between playing some Dark Souls to bide the time and progressively hating League of Legends, I've been thinking:

How exactly are we going to "Do" this early access?

How will it be organised? Will everyone who pledged get a key to the early access? Will only some of the higher level backers receive a copy (~$20+). I'm assuming we wont have to buy into the early access if we've already backed the game?

Also will there be a content embargo on the pre-release? (can't quite stick with a name) It all depends which is valued more: Mystery or Publicity?

Waited a very long time for this moment, can't wait to be a part of this growing game. It's gonna be a hit, I assure you.
The artist currently known as Crumpdaddy

Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Re: How are we dealing with the early release? :D

Post by Gustaw » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:57 am

The game is divided into chapters. Initially, only the first chapter will be playable. We will try to post an update with new stuff every month or so, although we can't promise anything.
How will it be organised? Will everyone who pledged get a key to the early access? Will only some of the higher level backers receive a copy (~$20+). I'm assuming we wont have to buy into the early access if we've already backed the game?
Every backer gets Early Access, we'll be sending the keys a bit before the launch.
Also will there be a content embargo on the pre-release? (can't quite stick with a name) It all depends which is valued more: Mystery or Publicity?
This remains to be seen, we'd like to keep some of the stuff hidden until the final release, but that will be pretty hard to do technically, so we'll see how it goes.
Waited a very long time for this moment, can't wait to be a part of this growing game. It's gonna be a hit, I assure you.
<3 we sure hope so! :D

droog
VIP

Post by droog » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:05 pm

This sounds so great, I'm really hyped! My question is, is the chapter we can play in the early access version in the near final/final state, or is it in a alpha state?
I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.
-H.P. Lovecraft

TheBigcheese42
Supporter

Post by TheBigcheese42 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:16 am

Gustaw wrote:
The game is divided into chapters. Initially, only the first chapter will be playable. We will try to post an update with new stuff every month or so, although we can't promise anything.
Every backer gets Early Access, we'll be sending the keys a bit before the launch.
This remains to be seen, we'd like to keep some of the stuff hidden until the final release, but that will be pretty hard to do technically, so we'll see how it goes.
<3 we sure hope so! :D
Thankyou very much! Is this area going to be randomly generated or will it be a pre-set location that we'll all get to explore?

There are some pretty big youtube celebrities that are backing this game, by the looks of it Totalbiscuit has taken an interest in this project.

But anyway, whatever way you guys decide to take this early release, we'll enjoy it all the same!

Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Post by Gustaw » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:33 am

This sounds so great, I'm really hyped! My question is, is the chapter we can play in the early access version in the near final/final state, or is it in a alpha state?
It will also be updated with new content and features :)
Thankyou very much! Is this area going to be randomly generated or will it be a pre-set location that we'll all get to explore?
We mix randomly generated stuff with hand crafted and placed things. We hope to add more randomness in the alpha updates though, but we'll see what people appreciate most.
There are some pretty big youtube celebrities that are backing this game, by the looks of it Totalbiscuit has taken an interest in this project.
Awesome, I'd love to get in touch with him! Do you know where did he say something about Darkwood?

TheBigcheese42
Supporter

Post by TheBigcheese42 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:13 am

Hmm, the more I think about it the more skeptical I am of my claim... I know for a fact that I have heard a popular youtuber mention Darkwood, not sure if it was the Cynical Brit. Definitely someone from that neck of the woods, I'll see if I can jog my memory.

I don't want to lead you on a wild goose chase without 100% confirmation. Trouble is, I could've heard him mention it on anything ranging from his weekly news update to one of his weekly 2 HOUR LONG podcasts on the polaris channel. Ill see what I can find ^_^

In the mean time, It really wouldn't hurt to email him about it, something simple, explain who you are, your goal, link a couple of the trailers and give him and alpha key.

If the stars align and the gods are merciful, Darkwood is even more guaranteed than it already is.

Good luck ^_^