Old Darkwood FAQ

All things Darkwood!
User avatar
Melissia
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Darkwood FAQ

Post by Melissia » Tue May 21, 2013 9:42 am

Hm. I suppose I might skip this then, or at least wait and see how it develops before tossing any money at it.

User avatar
UndeadGuru
VIP
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 7:15 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Darkwood FAQ

Post by UndeadGuru » Tue May 21, 2013 11:44 am

Melissia wrote:Hm. I suppose I might skip this then, or at least wait and see how it develops before tossing any money at it.
Well if that's the reason why you skip Darkwood..

Image
No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness.

Wolfie
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 7:31 am
Location: Australia

Re: Darkwood FAQ

Post by Wolfie » Mon May 27, 2013 7:24 am

Thanks for the quick reply to my (odd) post Gustaw :D , I don't suppose you could tell me if you are going to be using blood as an indicator? Like for example, would there be a trail of blood to warn the player or tell him that there is something ahead. I did see this in a little 2D, Top-Down RPG (cant remember the name) and it did this quite well.

*EDIT* - The game was Eschalon Book II

Thanks
Wolfie
Last edited by Wolfie on Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
stealerofchildren
Supporter
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 8:38 pm

Re: Darkwood FAQ

Post by stealerofchildren » Tue May 28, 2013 4:48 pm

Quick question, what control scheme are you planning on using? And do you plan on having a hunger and thirst bar that needs to be satisfied in order to survive?

User avatar
Gustaw
Acid Wizard
Posts: 809
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: Darkwood FAQ

Post by Gustaw » Tue May 28, 2013 6:13 pm

Wolfie wrote:Thanks for the quick reply to my (odd) post Gustaw :D , I don't suppose you could tell me if you are going to be using blood as an indicator? Like for example, would there be a trail of blood to warn the player or tell him that there is something ahead. I did see this in a little 2D, Top-Down RPG (cant remember the name) and it did this quite well.

Thanks
Wolfie
That is of course an option, we'd like to put much detail into locations to indicate the dangers ahead fluidly.
stealerofchildren wrote:Quick question, what control scheme are you planning on using? And do you plan on having a hunger and thirst bar that needs to be satisfied in order to survive?
Mouse + keyboard, not planning a gamepad at this point. No hunger/thirst/sleep, although we may add some more unorthodox "needs" ;)

XGCForsakend
Supporter
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 6:51 pm

Re: Darkwood FAQ

Post by XGCForsakend » Tue May 28, 2013 7:05 pm

UndeadGuru wrote:
Melissia wrote:Hm. I suppose I might skip this then, or at least wait and see how it develops before tossing any money at it.
Well if that's the reason why you skip Darkwood..

Image

Haha xD

But I guess customization is a big thing for some people. It probably lets them 'own' their character more and would make perma-death that much more painful since they will have to re-customize another character for quite some time again.

User avatar
UndeadGuru
VIP
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 7:15 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Darkwood FAQ

Post by UndeadGuru » Tue May 28, 2013 7:32 pm

XGCForsakend wrote:
UndeadGuru wrote: Haha xD

But I guess customization is a big thing for some people. It probably lets them 'own' their character more and would make perma-death that much more painful since they will have to re-customize another character for quite some time again.
True! For me I love customization in games. It's fun to create an own character and having an emotional bond with it. However I think it's not a big deal that there are no customization options in Darkwood because of the top-down view. You can't see a lot of main character so why do you even want to customize it. The only thing you could customize is the top body and hair (or a hat)...
No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness.

Forteboz
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 7:47 pm

Re: Darkwood FAQ

Post by Forteboz » Tue May 28, 2013 7:52 pm

From the trailers, it looks like NPCs talk to the player but not vice versa. Will there be conversation trees, with dialogue choices affecting game developments?

User avatar
Scrax
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 11:38 am
Location: Norway

Re: Darkwood FAQ

Post by Scrax » Wed May 29, 2013 4:42 pm

Will I be able to, in a lack of a better word, donate additional money to you guys even though the campaign ends? I would've loved to chuck in more money/chosen a higher perk, but my budget just won't allow it as of now.
Holding on anger is like drinking poison, and expecting the other person to die.

User avatar
Gustaw
Acid Wizard
Posts: 809
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: Darkwood FAQ

Post by Gustaw » Fri May 31, 2013 10:50 am

Forteboz wrote:From the trailers, it looks like NPCs talk to the player but not vice versa. Will there be conversation trees, with dialogue choices affecting game developments?
We're planning for the protagonist to be mute, although there will be trading. You will be able to change the game course with things different than dialogue... ;)
Scrax wrote:Will I be able to, in a lack of a better word, donate additional money to you guys even though the campaign ends? I would've loved to chuck in more money/chosen a higher perk, but my budget just won't allow it as of now.
Hmm.. I don't think so :(

Locked