ATTENTION BACKERS!

All things Darkwood!
Gustaw
Acid Wizard

ATTENTION BACKERS!

Post by Gustaw » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:48 pm

We've just finished sending the Steam keys. The problem is, we've received quite a few notifications of undelivered mails.

Please check your mail (with which you have registered on Indiegogo) and if there's no key from us there, look in the spam folder.

If it's still nowhere to be found, please send us a mail at indiegogo@acidwizardstudio.com. You have to include the mail you used when registering on Indiegogo! If you don't remember it, you can see it on your Paypal invoice.

xXRendanXx

Re: ATTENTION BACKERS!

Post by xXRendanXx » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:26 pm

I got mine just fine. I'm extremely excited :)

RpTheHotrod

Post by RpTheHotrod » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:34 am

Just a heads up that it doesn't work on steam...at least for me. Windows 7 64 bit. After launching it, it says Failed to start game (missing executable).

Verifying the cache did not help.

Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Post by Gustaw » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:20 am

RpTheHotrod wrote:Just a heads up that it doesn't work on steam...at least for me. Windows 7 64 bit. After launching it, it says Failed to start game (missing executable).

Thanks for the heads up, although you might want to check your email again - the game will be activated on Thursday :)

RItalingamer

Post by RItalingamer » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:33 pm

Gustaw wrote:
RpTheHotrod wrote:Just a heads up that it doesn't work on steam...at least for me. Windows 7 64 bit. After launching it, it says Failed to start game (missing executable).

Thanks for the heads up, although you might want to check your email again - the game will be activated on Thursday :)
Oh! I didn't see that part of the email either and was just about to post a bug report.
It does seem kind of unusual to send out a steam key before the game is usable on Steam, but hey, I'm glad I'll get to play it on Thursday!

Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Post by Gustaw » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:14 pm

There's a few reasons why we send them beforehand: sending the mails takes several hours. A lot of backers have changed their mails since the crowdfunding campaign, and often our mail is getting caught in the spam filter. A great deal of people also check their inboxes irregurarly...

So we think it's better for everyone to have the key ready to play before than wait a lot of time after the launch because of some technical issues while the people who did not back the project can play just fine.

zero51
VIP

Post by zero51 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:26 pm

Yeah, it's pretty common practice to send keys to backers before the game is unlocked.

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to playing tomorrow.

cuddles
Supporter

Post by cuddles » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:19 pm

Gratz on a great alpha release. I knew you wizards had the power. 8-)