What is there to do in the current build?

All things Darkwood!
RItalingamer

What is there to do in the current build?

Post by RItalingamer » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:16 pm

I tried playing the early access on Steam. I know it's a very early build, but there seems to be very little to do. The only things I've managed to do so far:
Find an ax and a few miscellaneous items.
Put my dog out of its whimpering misery with said ax.
Bust through a fallen tree with that ax.
Wander around the woods.
Created a torch when I got to the darker part of the woods.

That's it. No creatures encountered, nothing to really do. Also, there's a room in my house I can't access. Is it supposed to be permanently inaccessible (ie it's not complete yet), or is there something I need to do to get in there?

Great atmosphere and this has a lot of potential, but I'm apparently dumb and can't find anything to do in this fantastic-looking world.

frogurt

Re: What is there to do in the current build?

Post by frogurt » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:16 pm

All I can say is you missed something, go ahead! That's not it, there is a lot more!

Scrax

Post by Scrax » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:44 pm

You've missed a couple of things, to say the least. Try exploring :) There's some nice finds waiting.
Holding on anger is like drinking poison, and expecting the other person to die.

Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Post by Gustaw » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:06 pm

The area you are describing is the first part of the tutorial, try playing a bit more. We've seen streams from people playing 13+hours straight, with still some stuff left to discover ;)

Ultimate26

Post by Ultimate26 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:41 am

Gustaw, could you confirm that many of the side quests are complete-able? I find that violin quest house does not appear and wolfman tends to not appear often even after reading hes nearby location.

Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Post by Gustaw » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:26 pm

Yes, mosts of the quests are completable. People have been complaining about not being able to find the Wolfman in the current build, I'm trying to reproduce it now for some time.

mandude81

Post by mandude81 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:58 pm

if the people in question have found him many times before i could see how that might be a problem. otherwise it might simply be of that fact that wolfmans camp is quite small and they might not have been paying attention when he told whem the direction of his camp. (as is changes every game.)

Nenjin

Post by Nenjin » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:00 pm

Definitely have not had that problem in any of the several games I've had.

Ultimate26

Post by Ultimate26 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:13 pm

Ive only seen the wolfmans camp once out of the 10 games i played scouting all the surrounding areas of the main house.

Anybody else feel that the pig quest reward is lacking? A little piece of paper with a hint doesnt feel enough for all the work that is required