Spread the love!

All things Darkwood!
Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Spread the love!

Post by Gustaw » Sun May 12, 2013 3:03 pm

Hey there awesome people!

If you like Darkwood, you can really make a difference and help us spread the word about our IndieGoGo to all the survival horror enthusiasts out there! Here's how, in 4 easy steps:

1. FORUMS!
If you hang around on forums, you can add a link to our site (http://www.darkwoodgame.com) in your signature, along with a description what you think about Darkwood, like "THIS GAME IS AMAZEBALLS".
Or better yet, one of these banners:

Right click to download or just link it to our site! Here's what the signature code should look like on most forums:

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.darkwoodgame.com][img]http://www.darkwoodgame.com/sigs/darkwood_sig_600x120.jpg[/img][/url]
If you wish, we can personalize it for you, like this one:

Just write here (or PM me) along with your username and dimentions, and we'll send it to you ASAP :)

2. FORUMS #2!
The second thing you can do if you frequent forums is to start a thread there about Darkwood! You can get all the info you need on our homepage, and images from the presskit: http://www.darkwoodgame.com/presskit. You can attach the Acid Wizard too, as he's pretty awesome:

Please include a link to the pre-alpha trailer and a few screenshots (click here to download them) or get/link them from the presskit above!
I'll gladly drop in on these threads and answer any questions people might have, so just send me a shout and I'll magically appear over there.

3. SOCIAL MEDIA
Tell all your friends, family, co-workers and random people on the street about Darkwood! If they like it, ask them to share the info on social networks!

4. COOL AND INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE
If your favorite site/blogger/vloger hasn't written about Darkwood yet, send them a shout! Please don't spam everyone, but rather explain why you think it's awesome and that it's important to raise awareness about Darkwood right now.

If the word about our campaign reaches as many people as our pre-alpha trailer, we will surely succeed! There are still TONS of people that haven't heard about Darkwood yet and I'm sure they would love it just as you guys.

popololo

Re: Spread the love!

Post by popololo » Sun May 12, 2013 4:01 pm

The most view-generated major websites have mentioned your gameplay video before but don't see any updates for the indiegogo campaign. I guess they don't like to mention crowdfunding campaign without any new thing showing? Will you pump out a new gameplay trailer again?

Edit: The taiwan site seems they like to write article based on your previous dev's journal. Maybe another update on the rough concept should suffice for them to be interested again?

Extracted from youtube statistic that still not yet mention the campaign:
B
First embedded on: rockpapershotgun.com
7 Mar 2013 - 3,967 views
C
First embedded on: tigsource.com
7 Mar 2013 - 4,553 views
D
First embedded on: indiegames.com
8 Mar 2013 - 2,939 views
E
First referral from: reddit.com
8 Mar 2013 - 4,491 views
F
First embedded on: kotaku.com
8 Mar 2013 - 16,938 views
G
First embedded on: gamestar.de
9 Mar 2013 - 4,309 views
H
First embedded on: igromania.ru
9 Mar 2013 - 6,728 views
I
First embedded on: danieldefo.ru
11 Mar 2013 - 6,166 views
J
First embedded on: gamme.com.tw
13 Mar 2013 - 3,999 views
Last edited by popololo on Mon May 13, 2013 6:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

UndeadGuru
VIP

Post by UndeadGuru » Sun May 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Wooohoo my personal signature
No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness.

Nickboom

Post by Nickboom » Mon May 13, 2013 12:25 am

I think ill take one :3

Jayhon

Post by Jayhon » Mon May 13, 2013 7:05 am

Personalized banner:
Jayhon
1200 x 240

I'll be using this for all the forums I'm regularly on, Thanks! :geek:
There is no inherent 'Good' or 'Evil' in this world. Those labels are just artificial constructs. 'Right' and 'Wrong' are determined by people who hold positions of authority. It just makes us feel safer to believe that it can be carefully categorized into 'Good' and 'Evil'. Where does your knowledge come from, your 'Ability' to know 'Right' from 'Wrong'?
Think about it.

Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Post by Gustaw » Mon May 13, 2013 8:39 am

That's one big sig! Oh and I lifted the 255 char limit here :)

@Nickboom what size you need?

UndeadGuru
VIP

Post by UndeadGuru » Mon May 13, 2013 8:41 am

Gustaw wrote:Image
That's one big sig! Oh and I lifted the 255 char limit here :)

@Nickboom what size you need?
That's huge. :o
No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness.

Jayhon

Post by Jayhon » Mon May 13, 2013 8:42 am

Thanks a lot ^^ :geek:
I shall put this to good use! If needed I can always just resize it :D
There is no inherent 'Good' or 'Evil' in this world. Those labels are just artificial constructs. 'Right' and 'Wrong' are determined by people who hold positions of authority. It just makes us feel safer to believe that it can be carefully categorized into 'Good' and 'Evil'. Where does your knowledge come from, your 'Ability' to know 'Right' from 'Wrong'?
Think about it.

Nickboom

Post by Nickboom » Mon May 13, 2013 6:19 pm

Oh I dont need one custom made, I just put one in to most of my forum sigs :D