Programming language

All things Darkwood!
luke

Programming language

Post by luke » Thu May 23, 2013 10:46 pm

Hello everyone!

First of all, I think this game looks amazing. I just payed on the indiegogo campaign, and I seriously really really hope you guys get the funds you need.

I am just curious, as a bit of a programmer myself, hoping to make a career out of it, what programming language is this being made in?

Thanks! :geek:
- Luke

Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Re: Programming language

Post by Gustaw » Thu May 23, 2013 11:29 pm

Hey Luke, welcome to the forums! :)

Darkwood is currently running on XNA and is written in C#. We're hoping to port it to Unity so we can publish easily on Mac and Linux, but if that poses problems there's still a possibility of using MonoGame.

Unity has a free version, is a wonderful tool and it's very good for learning: awesome community, tons of tutorials and content, and it also forces "good" habits. But if you have no interest in indie development and want to focus on landing a job in the AAA sector, that might not be your best bet ;)

luke

Post by luke » Fri May 24, 2013 12:59 am

Oka, cool! Thank you :)

Vanishing

Post by Vanishing » Tue May 28, 2013 8:48 pm

I didn't know XNA has linux support..o.o

Vanishing

Post by Vanishing » Tue May 28, 2013 8:48 pm

Gustaw wrote:Hey Luke, welcome to the forums! :)

Darkwood is currently running on XNA and is written in C#. We're hoping to port it to Unity so we can publish easily on Mac and Linux, but if that poses problems there's still a possibility of using MonoGame.

Unity has a free version, is a wonderful tool and it's very good for learning: awesome community, tons of tutorials and content, and it also forces "good" habits. But if you have no interest in indie development and want to focus on landing a job in the AAA sector, that might not be your best bet ;)
I definitely support the idea of porting to Unity, since XNA is no longer supported...:D