Good Early Game Weapon?

All things Darkwood!
spedos22

Good Early Game Weapon?

Post by spedos22 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:49 am

Why I ask is because the plank doesn't do shit against the stick fuckers, and so far I can't find anything good as a weapon besides a fuckin piece of wood.

Deathscreton

Re: Good Early Game Weapon?

Post by Deathscreton » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:13 am

Back before Alpha 3 hit, I would usually suggest working towards a fire axe from Wolf. It tends to have quite a sturdy durability count, and does massive damage. However, since 3 released, it's been much harder to find things Wolf is willing to trade for. Still something to keep in mind though.

tomtentp

Post by tomtentp » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:09 pm

No offence but I don't think this should change. The first biome is suppose to be hard in the beginning and you are supposed to get absolutely thrilled once you got your hands on that shiny metal murder machine of an axe.

The spiked plank is good for fending of dogs but shouldn't be much better than that. There will probably be much more of an weaponry variety once the wizards start adding more content. Something that they have stated will happen when they feel the core mechanics are ready.

I'd recommend just ignoring the savages until you get the axe.

ShadyS

Post by ShadyS » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:24 am

Molotov is probably most powerful weapon in game and if you will be lucky enough, you can find craft recipes for it inside of locked chests sphreaded around meadows. Also there is a handgun there.

spedos22

Post by spedos22 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:09 pm

I actually got my hands on a handgun, and sense then, I have found around 3-4 magazines by crates alone, so I am doing pretty well in that department.

Miralath

Post by Miralath » Thu May 07, 2015 12:35 am

I actually like not having anything special in the beginning. It gives it that "desperate" feeling and really motivates further to get out there into those woods and find things.