Lets play Darkwood Alpha 5.

All things Darkwood!
HotshotDemon

Lets play Darkwood Alpha 5.

Post by HotshotDemon » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:12 pm

For the people that are at work or on the train and can't play but can watch, here is my shameless lets play promotion of darkwood. Loving it so far. Already very interesting things have happend. Have fun watching! Let me know what you think down below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgWPKlgu6c0
Last edited by HotshotDemon on Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HotshotDemon

Re: Lets play Darkwood Alpha 4.

Post by HotshotDemon » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:10 am

THE MOST AWESOME THINGS HAPPEN IN PART 2! The entire episode is crazy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyVVm9wF7Qk

HotshotDemon

Post by HotshotDemon » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:49 am

Lets play Darkwood part 1 fragment. Me: "I did barricade myself in so. I did it pretty well: All the windows are boarded up, got stuff infront of the door, plugged this hole.. so there shouldn't be any visitors. Ofcourse when you say things like that that... What's this fucking smoke shit... WTH! 0_0 "

ShadyS

Post by ShadyS » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:07 am

Your walkthroughs were enjoyable to watch for me, I'm playing this really differently, something I handle worse, something better... Your commentaries aren't breake atmosphere of the game because you not talking too much but EP2 final battle with Skype sound over was fail, really ))
I would more likely watch you walkthrougs if you do few things:
1. Super long episodes are fine for released intense game but not for open world survival alpha. I think it will be much better if you will do around 10-15 minutes episodes with compilation of best moments or just cut off most of boring moments like hanging around through the empty woods or choosing what do you need less in your full inventory.
2. Turn off your Skype. Really, our main character does not have any phone to call his friends, so... )
And you more than ready to go into the next location, gameplay and even nights are really different there.

HotshotDemon

Post by HotshotDemon » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:03 pm

Thanks for the feedback!
Ill be sure to make my episodes shorter. I've been thinking I'd make it from one morning till the next, with the night as the finale of each episodes. I haven't timed it yet but that would make an episode around 20-25 minutes. The skype thing was a real fail!! It will not happen again! skype automatically starts up with my windows and i forgot to turn it off. Lesson learned! I'd really be interested in hearing what i do better and what i do worse compared to you.
Thanks for watching!!

ShadyS

Post by ShadyS » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:20 pm

Darkwood is a random game and it has variative gameplay. Some days can be filled with stressful situations and some can be peacefull and silent as nights too. So I think it will be better to skip periods when nothing happens for too long to entertain your viewers. What about gameplay desicions you make, I think it's all about unique play style that everybody has, you learning by your mistakes and probably do not know everything about this game yet. Just for example, you containing lots of stuff that I just throw away or never pick up (like meat), you have not full stacks of items in different inventory cells and you do not sorting your items by their type, they just mixed everywhere. Also it's useful to always put different consumables and weapons in your hotbar rather than use it from inventory.
When night comes out I enable all light sorces because it's anyways consumes same amount of fuel and really helps against ghosts. Also you can learn common enemy routes inside of your hideouts and try to make yourself free to retreat on any courner of hideout anytime eather than barricade hardly inside of one small room. What I actually like in your play style is your skill of surviving, carefulness and reactions on some situations, like when you smashed all of your weapons into a barricaded door. I did that too in my playthrough but I wasted much more cause I had much more, also I shooted some bullets there and throwed one molotov, anyways, axe can smash that door in 3 hits :)

HotshotDemon

Post by HotshotDemon » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:48 am

Thanks for the tips man! I used them in the new episodes! I like how you can just turn on all the lights and it will consume the same amount of fuel. i had no idea there were more common routes the enemy took. I should look into this.

But for now: A new Episode!

http://youtu.be/75orIGpg4f4

HotshotDemon

Post by HotshotDemon » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:44 pm

New episodes of Lets Play Darkwood!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ6IaCT69V4

HotshotDemon

Post by HotshotDemon » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:40 pm

Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Post by Gustaw » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:54 pm

Loving the series! We laughed so hard when you freaked out when you had a skype call during the grave dream!