How to easily survive in every hideout (all hideouts added)

All things Darkwood!
ShadyS

How to easily survive in every hideout (all hideouts added)

Post by ShadyS » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:33 pm

How to easily survive in every hideout (hideout 2)
Hi. I promised Gustaw to tell how do I avoiding most of night threads and here I'm start. I tell about Hideout 2 first because it's where I was saved, tactics are pretty similar in other hideouts. So, this bases on:
-- Using broken glass traps as many as possible. They do nothing to main character but they can do many instant damage to enemy. And they are cheap. And I always keep get in my own beartraps.
-- Avoid enemy line of sight. If they don't see you - they don't attack you. Seems legit.
-- Barricade windows first. They don't see you through barricades at night, dogs can't open doors. So you rid out of dogs.
-- Block doors from inside with something light. Savages don't care if you blocked way with bunch of wardrobes, they will go inside if they want to. But they often like to open doors but not walk into. So even stool or chair will prevent door from opening and your reveal.

So here is basic plan for hideout 2: screenshot
I think everything clearly explained on screenshot, what advantages has this way of surviving:
-- 90% of time nobody even tries to come in.
-- When ghosts come, you have a big chance that 1 of 3 lamps will stay enabled but still recomended to have a flare.
-- You can hide from banshee in a corner near workbench, or you have space to run if you looked at she once.
-- If somebody still want to come in, he has a big chance to die from broken glass or you can be unspotted.
-- You can easily go in and go out.
-- Bugs won't surround you with infection, atleast you have 3 ways out.
How this happen:
You listen closely to your surrounds and choose a door to hide behind. It can be door 1 or door 2
But if you will choose the wrong door, fight will be probably garanteed but atleast you will know what direction to look and don't forget about traps.
There is another variation: screenshot
You barricade on of the doors. If somebody enters, you will need to fight them. But, you always be prepared.

This is how you just stay and do nothing most of nights. The only serious thread is banshee because she always find you but if you close your eyes - nobody can harm you :) And I'm not sure what she does if you barricade every enterance.
It is still possible to be invaded by group of savages, specially after mother piggy death (may be
coincidence) and if you have not enough resources to build all traps and barricades - night can be hard.
Last edited by ShadyS on Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ShadyS

Re: How to easily survive in every hideout (ep 1, hideout 2)

Post by ShadyS » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:09 pm

How to easily survive in every hideout (hideout 1)

Basic plan for the first hideout: screenshot
Same advantages that has hideout 2 plan. You can leave lovest door not barricaded but that highly not recommended because most of my breaks in was through that door.

How this happen:
-- You stay behind wardrobe, that's totally ok to stay near barricated windows. When somebody comes in, he don't see you and can be backstabbed.
-- When banshee comes in, she never spots you - 100% confirmed.
-- When ghost approach, you can run from lamp to lamp and stay safe but they can disable both.
Option 1
Option 2 (can work in both directions)

ShadyS

Re: How to easily survive in every hideout (hideout 1 and 2)

Post by ShadyS » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:54 pm

How to easily survive in every hideout (hideout 3)

This is easiest hideout to survive in! I suphose you already have some nice weapons, supplies, flares highly recommended to have. So, here is my plan: screenshot

There is not much to tell, if you stay silent - nobody even try to find you except banshee, but if you will stare in wall, she won't harm you. Broken glass is only for more safety. Thats all.

Shrooms

Re: How to easily survive in every hideout (all hideouts add

Post by Shrooms » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:54 pm

I never appreciated how overpowered glass is lol
Maybe this means we need an enemy who floats over traps or tanks the damage and just has a special weakness