Things that make Darkwood Unique

All things Darkwood!
VodRap

Things that make Darkwood Unique

Post by VodRap » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:30 am

I really like role that dialogue plays in Darkwood, especially the surreal interaction with the Generator and how it has a personality. Stuff like that makes the game that much stranger and creepier.

Cool and weird things like living machines and giant pig mothers are what really set Darkwood apart from other survival horror for me. I want to know what other people think makes Darkwood unique; it might tell Acid Wizard what players enjoy the most in their game :)

ShadyS

Re: Things that make Darkwood Unique

Post by ShadyS » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:16 pm

About generator talking ... So many people mention it but only few understand that in Darkwood world are no talking machines and 2nd part of prologue was a dream. :)

MacroMac

Re: Things that make Darkwood Unique

Post by MacroMac » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:40 pm

Doesn't matter, as far as I'm concerned. The disconnect between the "real" world and the dream world is such a blurry line that you can never really be sure. For me, the first time it really hit me was when I walked into a room and, as I looked around, things changed as my eyes passed over them. Really weird, got my skin crawling. Even in alpha this game is one of my favorite survival horror games of all time because of all those little touches that make you question what's actually happening.