Thanks Darkwood...

Talk about anything here.

Thanks Darkwood...

Postby ShadyS » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:32 pm

Today I had some horror dreams...with top-down perspective. First time in my life.
Thanks Darkwood...

:mrgreen:
ShadyS

Re: Thanks Darkwood...

Postby Gustaw » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:03 pm

Nice, I've never had something like that before!!
Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Postby Silent Night » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:50 am

I had the same thing too not long ago, top down perspective, seemed like the dry meadow, and for some strange reason the Charger from Left 4 Dead 2 was there too, do not ask why i really do not know
Silent Night

Postby bigbrianislarge » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:06 am

has anyone heard from an acid wizard? the game hasnt died has it? that would be aweful seeing as how its came such a long way
bigbrianislarge

Postby Rednecklawrence » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:02 am

bigbrianislarge wrote:has anyone heard from an acid wizard? the game hasnt died has it? that would be aweful seeing as how its came such a long way

Why hello, meat. Yes the wizards are still casting their magic upon darkwood, and such delicate work takes time and important considerations. The updates can be slow, trust me i know, but are very much worth the wait... and welcome to the Darkwood...
"It ain't illegal until you get caught" - Rene Soetaert
Rednecklawrence

Postby 3df » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:28 am

Hello! Finished 2-nd episode yesterday! Played pirate version with russian language, and later bought it in steam. I want to say - you have made a great game, something incredible!
Hope i will see the continue and official russian language!
Thanks to developers, and success in everything!
3df

Postby LackadasicalBeast » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:44 pm

Hello world! And probably helping in the heinous act of necro'ing a thread too, but eh, enjoyed the game, a lot. XD

Gameplay itself may not be too dissimilar from other survival games I've played overall; go out, forage for supplies, perhaps do a 'quest' or explore, return home and maintain the perimeter. Darkwood is, however, unique, as far as games I've played, go, visually, thematically and some of the mechanics, and how dynamic it can be. A few others, say modded Minecraft and 7 Days to Die, did make me scared, not with cheap jump-scares and 'boo' moments in general (most of the time), but they made me apprehensive because you can hear enemies without seeing them, and you don't know where things are, and with the latter game, the inevitable 7th day horde is a ticking event you have to prepare for.

In Darkwood, character's line of sight is quite narrow, and exploring heavier forested areas or inside most buildings means you can't see much, especially at night, and the sound and location designs along with items that have both practical uses and physics attached to them makes it genuinely compelling. And spooky scary - a weaker enemy loping around indoors moves things around and generates echoing, distorted noises, and at night-time the lack of knowing, combined with brutal combat means you don't know what might be out there or where, makes each night an event to prepare for and dread slightly.

A spookyscary game that doesn't rely on canned 'boo' moments, closest may be the Banshee-screams, given the noise/screen effect, but otherwise relies on atmosphere (literally thick in some areas, yay) and feeling fragile/paranoid.

So yes, thanks. XD Honestly looking forward to more of the game!
LackadasicalBeast

Return to General Off-Topic