Routine

Did Darkwood take you back to a great game you played some time ago, or maybe there's a totally unrelated new title coming out that you want to talk about? In any case, feel free to share it here!

Routine

Postby droog » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:42 am

Hey guys,

take a look at this wonderful looking retro sci-fi horror game:

http://www.routinegame.com/

"Routine is a first person horror exploration game set on an abandoned Moon base. Your job is to find enough data to uncover the truth behind the strange disappearance of everyone stationed on the Lunar Research Station.

A non linear experience lets you explore any part of the fully open Moon base and find out secrets that other players may not!
Be immersed with Full body awareness, Deadzone aiming, no HUD, no health bars or points system... you must run, hide and survive the best you can against what lurks in the base.
There are no health packs or multiple lives, in Routine there is a Perma death system that will keep you on the edge!"

You can find a gameplay trailer on their website.
I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.
-H.P. Lovecraft
droog
VIP

Re: Routine

Postby Sethifer11 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:36 pm

I saw a trailer for this a little while ago. It looks really good! The refresh rate of the little handheld camera thing is supposedly low, so you don't really know how close something is if it's moving towards you quickly.
Sethifer11

Re: Routine

Postby droog » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:58 am

Hehe yeah, it's not really a camera or a weapon. There was a Interview with one of the developers last week on gameinformer where he describes the purpose of the "weapon" -the CAT.

"Routine’s main weapon and gadget, the Cosmonaut Assistance Tool, further drives home the clunky ‘80s future aesthetic with its boxy shape and floppy disk drive. The CAT is part gun, part utility/tech device. It holds two batteries which are used to power the screen, wireless capabilities, and debilitating blast. Shooting one of the clanking haywire robots wandering the moon base’s corridors may temporarily disable it, but the shot could also spend your last battery and leave you in the dark hunting for more. The CAT only holds two batteries at once, increasing the risk/reward of choosing fight over flight. A nightvision aiming screen is useful for seeing through the dark, though its sluggish refresh rate may mean your foe is closer than you think. Alternatively, the CAT’s flashlight can be used to navigate the shadows. The device serves as a wireless PDA that can control devices remotely, open doors with pass codes, collect found notes, or check up on mission progress. The blaster power, screen refresh rate, and flashlight brightness are all affected by various floppy disks scattered around the world."

The full interview:
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/routi ... orror.aspx
I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.
-H.P. Lovecraft
droog
VIP

Return to Other Games