Sanitarium

Did Darkwood take you back to a great game you played some time ago, or maybe there's a totally unrelated new title coming out that you want to talk about? In any case, feel free to share it here!

Sanitarium

Postby JETeran » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:50 pm

Wow, I have to say, this is a real psychological horror game that will stick to your mind forever.

Sanitarium is a (rare? only?) game that you travel in a psychedelic dream after having a car accident, and explore and interact with a surreal world full of craziness and fear.

Some points that I love are:
- It has a solid narrative that, somehow and in a clever way, it's all connected within the game
- The dialogues are spoken, giving you the real sense of the emotions of the characters
- It's a puzzle game, not an action game
- It's not a scary game. It plays with your emotions in a real phycological horror experience
- The avatar and the worlds transforms in the game, making you feel a real psychedelic dream

You can buy it here:
http://www.gog.com/game/sanitarium

Hope you guys find it attractive as I do.
José Eduardo Terán
DSK International Campus
Project Manager & Game Programming Instructor
Indie Game Developer
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeteran
JETeran

Re: Sanitarium

Postby Jakub » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:25 pm

When I was a kid, I read review and solution of this game like 1000x times.. (had Amiga still in that time) Some time after that I remeber I played it, most shocking place was town with mutated kids and their big mother hidden in shed... If you`re observant, you can see that the end of this chapter of sanitarium was slightly an inspiration to what can happen in one of locations in Darkwood.

I will definitely check out Sanitarium once again.
Jakub
Acid Wizard

Postby JETeran » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:43 pm

Thanks Jakub for that piece of history,

I never knew about it until 2 or 3 years ago, I remember buying it, playing it for the next 3 days, and finish it with so big satisfactions.

It has been one of the games I have really enjoyed, from start to finish.

Yes I will also install it during this week.

I see that you like (love) Another World. For me is the inspiration for being in this industry. And actually I am working with Norbert, the producer of Heart of Darkness, a game from Eric Chahi. Love to be here!

Have a great one man!
José Eduardo Terán
DSK International Campus
Indie Game Developer
JETeran

Postby Jakub » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:08 am

When I saw intro for another world for the first time.. it blown me away ! :D It`s been a long time since then and this game still looks awesome, it`s sure one of the best games I`ve ever played.
Heart of Darkness was very good too! Too bad that they delayed premiere so many times... but I`ve enjoyed it anyways :D I loved the character animations in that title.
It`s inspiring to work with someone who is responsible for such a great game :D

Cheers!
Jakub
Acid Wizard

Postby JETeran » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:33 am

Thanks for your reply man.

Yes me too, it blowed me away. I will never forget it.

Yes Norbert has worked with Chahi in the creation of some of his games, but he was the producer of Heart of Darkness. Man, can't imagine how WOW feels to be here. He has told a lot about Eric and seems (of course) like is very smart.

Keep having a good one man, and thanks for your reply.
José Eduardo Terán
DSK International Campus
Indie Game Developer
JETeran

Postby Gustaw » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:55 pm

I think I need to revisit Sanitarium in some time. Maybe between Dark Souls 1 & 2? :P
Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Return to Other Games