Just finished Metro: Last Light....

Did Darkwood take you back to a great game you played some time ago, or maybe there's a totally unrelated new title coming out that you want to talk about? In any case, feel free to share it here!
UndeadGuru
VIP

Just finished Metro: Last Light....

Post by UndeadGuru » Sat May 18, 2013 12:53 pm

and holy shit that was a fucking epic game.

Anyone played it too?
No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness.

Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Re: Just finished Metro: Last Light....

Post by Gustaw » Sat May 18, 2013 2:43 pm

That's TOTALLY on my list to play after we have some time after the campaign, I loved the first Metro!

UndeadGuru
VIP

Post by UndeadGuru » Sat May 18, 2013 6:38 pm

Gustaw wrote:That's TOTALLY on my list to play after we have some time after the campaign, I loved the first Metro!
Yes you should play it! Are you going to play it on pc or console? The Metro franchise is amazing.. I love the book and the games are awesome! Can't wait for the next Metro game!

Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Post by Gustaw » Sat May 18, 2013 9:08 pm

I find it painful to play a FPS on a pad tbh :P

UndeadGuru
VIP

Post by UndeadGuru » Sat May 18, 2013 9:40 pm

Gustaw wrote:I find it painful to play a FPS on a pad tbh :P
True but you get used to it. I play on pc with an xbox 360 controller. Because I play it on my TV and I want to lay down in my bed comfy you know. If I want to play MP, I play with mouse and keyboard.

Nhoise

Post by Nhoise » Tue May 28, 2013 8:58 pm

Ranger Mode DLC pisses me off so much that i'm not even gonna buy this game until it's given away for free.

UndeadGuru
VIP

Post by UndeadGuru » Wed May 29, 2013 5:34 am

Nhoise wrote:Ranger Mode DLC pisses me off so much that i'm not even gonna buy this game until it's given away for free.
The ranger mode DLC isn't even that good. You should play it, because the game itself is really good. I'm now busy with the second playthrough for the good ending! :D

R3zorian
Supporter

Post by R3zorian » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:45 pm

I'm genuinely looking forward to going through it. Have a steam copy ready to go, but just can't pull myself away from completing my game backlog, including Metro 2033 of course.

Once I'm done with Bioshock: Infinite though; 2033/Last Light are up for sure.

Kekskiller
VIP

Post by Kekskiller » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:55 pm

It's definitely a good game, both story and gameplay wise. However, I liked the first more for some reason - the coloring seemed more intensive and less like Stalker. I absolutely loved Stalker and 4A even consists of a bunch of former Stalker developers. But now it feels like they grab what was Stalker before and mix it in their own way, cutting off the simulation and glitch parts.

I've not yet finished the game (currently wandering with Mr. Dark One through shadows in dead city) but I guess the ending is similarly depending on your actions as in the first part. Sort of sad that all the mystical stuff is almost not existent in the first half of the game. I also miss the few anomalies!

Oh and the gun upgrades! Just lovely, now I can have four-barreleled shotguns and automatic pistols. Though I wonder where they get all the lasers, night vision sights and magnum revolvers. It's not that revolvers are very popular in Russia as far as I know.

UndeadGuru
VIP

Post by UndeadGuru » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:49 pm

Kekskiller wrote:Oh and the gun upgrades! Just lovely, now I can have four-barreleled shotguns and automatic pistols. Though I wonder where they get all the lasers, night vision sights and magnum revolvers. It's not that revolvers are very popular in Russia as far as I know.
I love the four-barreled shotgun. So fast and deadly :P