Sim City 5

Did Darkwood take you back to a great game you played some time ago, or maybe there's a totally unrelated new title coming out that you want to talk about? In any case, feel free to share it here!
cuddles
Supporter

Sim City 5

Post by cuddles » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:03 pm

This will be a long shot, but does anyone have an extra copy laying around?

Aside from that, is anyone playing it? Or has played it? What did you think?

UndeadGuru
VIP

Re: Sim City 5

Post by UndeadGuru » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:29 pm

cuddles wrote:This will be a long shot, but does anyone have an extra copy laying around?

Aside from that, is anyone playing it? Or has played it? What did you think?
No, No, No and what do I think of it? Bloody online DRM.
No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness.

zero51
VIP

Post by zero51 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:38 pm

This game has some pretty major problems; DRM aside. I was actually really looking forward to getting it, but the launch turned out to be a disaster, and the game itself was a mess. They've patched up some of the problems, but as far as I know there are still massive flaws in the simulation.

A big shame.

cuddles
Supporter

Post by cuddles » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:10 pm

I was watching some let's plays and it looks like a lot of fun. I know the launch was an absolute mess, but we are past that now, right?!

Honestly, the DRM thing doesn't bother me too much. Isn't Diablo III DRM? I love that and I'm usually online when I play anyway.

zero51
VIP

Post by zero51 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:09 pm

cuddles wrote:I was watching some let's plays and it looks like a lot of fun. I know the launch was an absolute mess, but we are past that now, right?!
I'm not saying you won't find it fun, but you should probably know that a lot of it is still broken / not what was promised. I won't go into long winded detail here (maybe for another post).
cuddles wrote: Honestly, the DRM thing doesn't bother me too much. Isn't Diablo III DRM? I love that and I'm usually online when I play anyway.
The problem with the DRM isn't so much that it requires that you be online, but that it requires you to trust EA to maintain a reliable service on their side. With Diablo 3, I'm sure there's less of a problem, but EA are a lot less well regarded than Blizzard. The launch fiasco, as well as the fact that EA are notorious for shutting down game servers a few years after their release are both factors a lot of gamers aren't happy with. This is why the DRM is an issue.

cuddles
Supporter

Post by cuddles » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:25 pm

Ah yes. I did forget that you are basically renting till they don't want to support it anymore. That does suck :(

SIm City 4 Steam sale $5.

UndeadGuru
VIP

Post by UndeadGuru » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:21 pm

cuddles wrote:Ah yes. I did forget that you are basically renting till they don't want to support it anymore. That does suck :(

Now 70% discount ;) Never buy a game that isn't a daily deal, flash sale or a community vote. Remember it.

zero51
VIP

Post by zero51 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:33 pm

UndeadGuru wrote:
cuddles wrote:Ah yes. I did forget that you are basically renting till they don't want to support it anymore. That does suck :(

Now 70% discount ;) Never buy a game that isn't a daily deal, flash sale or a community vote. Remember it.
:D

cuddles
Supporter

Post by cuddles » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:23 pm

I'm trying not to let the steam sale rape me. Most expensive purchase so far is Dead Island Riptide. That was against my "only games under $7" rule :D

And Earthbound on WiiU...but that's not part of steam, so I can buy it :lol:

UndeadGuru
VIP

Post by UndeadGuru » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:05 am

zero51 wrote:
UndeadGuru wrote:

:D
Exactly! Fucking A!