[SOLVED] Hideout 3 nowhere to be found

All things Darkwood!

[SOLVED] Hideout 3 nowhere to be found

Postby KastaRules » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:22 pm

Hello everybody, I am at day 39 and have been exploring and mapping Old Woods since around day 12. Yet, like the title says I am having a really hard time finding hideout 3.. Wasn't it supposed to be quite large? Is it possible that I have incurred in some kind of bug / glitch preventing the game to create the hideout?

Here's a screenshot of how my map looks like, obviously I have already roamed in the empty spaces in hope to find it.

https://ibb.co/dvqY4m
Last edited by KastaRules on Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KastaRules

Re: Hideout 3 nowhere to be found

Postby LackadasicalBeast » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:21 am

Hello there! Whilst I know you say you've explored the empty spaces, given that roads generated tend to always link to one Hideout or another and then to another landmark, logically the third Hideout -should- be in the bottom-left or middle-left of the Old Woods, south of Musician's place and north/west of the Hunter's lodge.
LackadasicalBeast

Re: Hideout 3 nowhere to be found

Postby KastaRules » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:31 pm

You were right, it's been under my nose all along and thanks to you I have been finally able to pinpoint its location!
I can check off the list "survive the night at hideout 3" and move on to chapter 2.
The nights there are challenging and fun but it is a real resource-hog, I wonder if it is worth it to spend the nights there in the long run.

https://ibb.co/eUc4AR
KastaRules

Re: [SOLVED] Hideout 3 nowhere to be found

Postby LackadasicalBeast » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:24 pm

-Sits up and flails!- Huzzah!

It's... genuinely admirable how you managed to almost literally scout the entirety of the Old Woods, and yet miss the Hideout. XD

By the way, I believe you can purchase a 'Old Woods' map from Priotek, gives you the location of Hideout 3 and The Church, I think. Sometimes the more apparent something is, the less likely you are to find it - psychology.

By the way, I need to re-generate my map - it's the same as yours, so technically, it's all spoiled for me now. XD

Lastly, if it helps, depending on the map generated, you could drag a crate from Wolfy's big-home to block up the hallway breach, making the place far easier to look after, and though it might be resource intensive, there tends to be more than enough planks/nails found in the wilderness, and spare reputation can make up for a lack of supplies.

That and I've developed a habit of literally stealing wardrobes and tables/couches from other buildings to use, home decoration/door blocking is always helpful.
LackadasicalBeast

Postby KastaRules » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:06 pm

LackadasicalBeast wrote:It's... genuinely admirable how you managed to almost literally scout the entirety of the Old Woods, and yet miss the Hideout. XD

IKR :D

Well, that extra +50 rep compared to Hideout 2 doesn't seem like a good deal at all. The cost of the raw materials alone needed to survive the night at hideout 3 surpass that miserable gain by far.

Also, dragging furniture across Old Woods doesn't sound like a fun activity honestly... thank you for the tip though, it's actually quite smart.

After all I have no more reasons to keep staying in Chapter 1, I am gonna spend a few more nights at hideout 3 just for the thrill of it then leave for the tunnel.
KastaRules

Postby LackadasicalBeast » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:35 pm

Yes and no - I managed to both break-even and make a surplus of supplies through careful use... and using bear-traps outside every single window. Does help in deterring some beasties, or at least slowing them down enough to throw a Molotov-cocktail at their stupid faces. And perhaps also hit them, repeatedly, with something blunt or sharp, tick as desired. XD

Not a fun activity, and I coped with the literal drag either by walking or running into the furniture piece - speeding up the process rather than dragging it - and having a tabby-cat nearby to play with and fuss over during the process. Certainly worth it, being able to obstruct doors and such.

Enjoy the last nights in... well, that wonderful place, before you enjoy the wonders of... another wonderful, slightly damper place. XD
LackadasicalBeast

Return to General Discussion