King of Dragon Pass

Did Darkwood take you back to a great game you played some time ago, or maybe there's a totally unrelated new title coming out that you want to talk about? In any case, feel free to share it here!

King of Dragon Pass

Postby Sarl » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:55 pm

Once upon a time a man decided to make "a game that had never been done before". He started doing so in 1996, he finished two years later; the game was avaliable finally in '99. He had to hire about 12 people - artists, programmers, etc. When their work at last was published, it looked like there's little interest in it. About eight thousand copies were sold - not much, for all incurred costs went around 500 000 $.
About ten years ago developer haven't forgotten about his work and decided to publish the game for iOS - also, refreshed version was made for PC, distributed online. You couldn't almost tell that the game is 15 years old - pictures look the same as they looked these years ago. Artists did great job.
The whole story is published here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... lition-man

The game is about a village somewhere in fantasy land, trying to expand itself and grow in strenght. You decide the actions of the clan with help of group of leaders, called 'the ring'. All your role is to make your village prosper, solve its problems and gain appreciations of gods - the way you're going to make it is your own call. Peace or war, maybe both - your choice.
I extremely recommend all of you to play it - as it was said, there's no game even similar to KoDP; it's absolutely unique and epic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uETh9Hu-9Y - here you can find official trailer.
Last edited by Sarl on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sarl

Re: King of Dragon Pass

Postby Gustaw » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:54 am

This looks SWEET! Never heard about it before.
Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Re: King of Dragon Pass

Postby Gustaw » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:50 am

Okay, I tried it yesterday and I love it! Still trying to get a feel of how to do stuff as everyone raids the shit out of me, but it feels really fresh!
Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Return to Other Games