Church Trapdoor, Pendant and Madman bug

firerage259

Church Trapdoor, Pendant and Madman bug

Post by firerage259 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:24 pm

Windows 7 64 bit. GTX 560 Ti 2GB. Corsair 8GB DDR3 1333MHz
Post Title: Church Trapdoor, Pendant and Madman bug
Alpha Version: 3.1

Bug Description:
I can not find the pendant the madman usually has. I am looking for it to open the trapdoor but when i kill the madman on the steps of the church he freezes in place and does not properly die. He continues to sit, play the audio of him breathing and freeze without playing any animation of him moving. There is blood when i hit him with a melee weapon but he still does not die. Once i hit him I can then access his inventory but nothing is there not even the Pendant. I tried accessing the trapdoor before killing him hoping he will say the code but I have tried doing this 3 times in a row (without saving and finding the church again and retrying) but with no success.

I have tried everything to open the trap doors but every way leads to a dead end with no trap door open.

How to reproduce bug:
(not sure if it is my built of Darkwood or this version 3.1 or Darkwood that breaks this part of the game) Go to church, and either:
1. try to open the trap door and wait for the madman to say the code. he does not for me.
OR
2. kill the madman and search his inventory. no Pendant.

If you find the madman sitting on the church steps not playing any animation then this bug will appear, even if you kill him he will not play the animation of him dead and will continue to sit on the steps and play his audio of him breathing
2015-01-18_00004.jpg
2015-01-18_00004.jpg (116.73 KiB) Viewed 2742 times
Image shows the madman's blood and me standing on top of his sitting body

I will reply to Messages as most as a I can. Thanks

Save File Location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\102773332\274520\remote
Attachments
output_log.txt
(17.78 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
"For nearly four years you have had an Administration which instead of twirling its thumbs has rolled up its sleeves. And I can assure you that we will keep our sleeves rolled up.

We had to struggle with the old enemies of peace — business and financial monopoly, speculation, reckless banking, class antagonism, sectionalism, war profiteering.

They had begun to consider the Government of the United States as a mere appendage to their own affairs. We know now that Government by organized money is just as dangerous as Government by organized mob.

Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me — and I welcome their hatred.

I should like to have it said of my first Administration that in it the forces of selfishness and of lust for power met their match. I should like to have it said of my second Administration that in it these forces met their master." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

tomtentp

Re: Church Trapdoor, Pendant and Madman bug

Post by tomtentp » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:53 pm

Yepp happened to me aswell. Alpha 3.1.
He just sit there, continuing his chatter, with an empty healthbar.
I figured I was stuck in the storyline so I started a new game.

Will inform if my new game works out any better.
Or maybe the next alpha will be released soon in which case I will try it in that version.

Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Post by Gustaw » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:58 pm

Did you have the church dream prior to visiting the actual church?

tomtentp

Post by tomtentp » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:05 pm

Can't remember, will be more obeservant this time.

Gustaw
Acid Wizard

Post by Gustaw » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:25 pm

Ok, fixed it, thanks! That was a tough one :P

firerage259

Post by firerage259 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:49 pm

I did have a church dream before this bug happened yes. But you just fixed it XD.

Thanks Gustaw.
"For nearly four years you have had an Administration which instead of twirling its thumbs has rolled up its sleeves. And I can assure you that we will keep our sleeves rolled up.

We had to struggle with the old enemies of peace — business and financial monopoly, speculation, reckless banking, class antagonism, sectionalism, war profiteering.

They had begun to consider the Government of the United States as a mere appendage to their own affairs. We know now that Government by organized money is just as dangerous as Government by organized mob.

Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me — and I welcome their hatred.

I should like to have it said of my first Administration that in it the forces of selfishness and of lust for power met their match. I should like to have it said of my second Administration that in it these forces met their master." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

tomtentp

Post by tomtentp » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:57 am

Great wizardly work Mr. G! ;)