Randomly generated survival mode

Got any cool ideas for Darkwood? Share them here!
Ultimate26

Randomly generated survival mode

Post by Ultimate26 » Tue May 14, 2013 3:25 pm

When starting a new session, the house you will spawn in will be selected randomly out of 5-6 different variations of houses, or have a random house generator for max replayability.

Enemy types would be decided by "Themes" such as:

Zombie theme would make regular minion monsters to be zombies, and the stronger variants are all of the undead type, hell maybe make one template of 5-6 monsters that spawn on all themes but with themed skins in this case for example the zombie werewolf.

If its demon theme, then hellish demon like creatures or hellish themes for the template monsters.

ideally 4-6 themes that are randomly selected for this random survival mode.

This would make each adventure fun and unique because of the random house, loot, and enemy type, people would write about strategies on each house type(where to barricade, where to go for item crafting) and strategies for each specific monster/theme type.

I would permanently play this game forever if they really had roguelike randomness.

Im afraid there will only be one house and one set of monsters with few weapon types.

And pleaaaaase add executions! hit the monster enough times and he will trip or fall down, approach monster for headstomp/axe decapitation with nice animation :)

Glassbox00

Re: Randomly generated survival mode

Post by Glassbox00 » Tue May 14, 2013 11:00 pm

They already said there would be no zombies
there seems to be a lot of wepons
Especially since you can combine them with other
Itemes to make a new one
This sounds similar to epic mode which is
A stretch goal

VodRap

Post by VodRap » Thu May 30, 2013 2:10 am

This idea is great! A selection of themes to go with the genre of survival horror is a great idea! I mean, I know its not going to be a zombie FPS, but something like choosing the enemy variety is a good idea in my opinion. Although, I would like to make another suggestion to this; instead of just affecting enemy variety, maybe also putting you in a setting that makes you only get certain items and structures. I know the setting is Darkwood, but perhaps it used to be an old war field. There would be an adunbance of say, ammunition for guns, but less of other things, and the land would probably be littered with craters and other damaged landmarks. Or it could have been a nuclear power plant that had a melt down and there are mutant creatures with special abilities! Not the best ideas for themes, I know, but I think a mode such as this would be something to keep you busy for a LONG time.

He With Many Eyes

Post by He With Many Eyes » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:12 am

I think he was just trying to use "zombies" as an example. However it would be an interesting feature if the world was randomly generated and yet was still based off of a theme.
"I have many eyes. With my many eyes I watch you from the dark. No need to cry. You aren't that bad looking... for a dead guy."

Glassbox00

Post by Glassbox00 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:32 am

i was just making sure he knew because there are way too many zombie games out already and this is a scary game. and they already said alot that its not a game with slender or zombies. i like the idea and hope there are themes it would also be cool if you could earn theme from certain tasks